rodster

How to mount a pro-track to outside helmet

[:/]

I have a full-face Factory Driver helmet and would like to mount my pro-track outside. I know it has a pocket in the inside, but the darn thing is too loud! even when I set it to low and wear earplugs. I have seen it done by drilling the holes and place "T" nuts and bolts, but it does not sit properly in the mount and I do not want to waste the 250 that I pay for it. Someone told me that if you use the zip-ties, you have to be careful with the raiser strikes, since the ties may brake. Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Rod

I havn't seen a pro-track up close, but does it have a little speaker where the noises come out? (like the ear hole on a cell phone)

if it does, just put some masking tape over it. Or flip it over inside your helmet so the speaker faces the outside of the helmet, not your ear.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I wouldn't put it on the outside of the helmet, good chance that it will get knocked off with a good riser slap. Have you tried turning it around so the speaker faces out? That and a piece of gaffers tape over the hole, and bubble wrap should make it pretty quiet. B|

some scotch tape over the speaker hole will work just fine. i checked with L&L
before and they said it wouldn't affect how unit operates.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

You can certainly mount a Pro-Track to the outside of your helmet, but you may lose it to a riser strike. I did, although L&B replaced it free of charge:)
At 15 jumps I would not start adding stuff to the outside of your helmet. Try all of the other advice here first. Turning it around may work, although I would be careful with that because you may find that your ear is pushing the buttons on the front of the unit when you put your helmet on. The unit should still work, but it may be a little disconcerting.

- Dan G