John4455

Vigil AAD

Nothing to do with SSK. Do a search in this forum and you will find all the info you need. I just saw a personally owned Sigma tandem system with a Vigil on it, so I know for a fact that they are available, at least on a limited level. Kim told me at SkyQuest that the first delivery of ten production units was to be delivered to DeLand right away. I have not talked to her this week to see what's up, but I am sure she will answer up today here on the boards and give you all an update.

Chuck

Yup seen 'em around here in Holland. They come in a nice metal case. Seen one turned on and off; the programmer must have been feeling silly; the unit says hello and goodbye etc ;) The menu structure is something to get used to. They look slick, like a Cypres but somehow really high-tech, but haven't seen 'em in a rig yet. Probably will this weekend tho.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I've always just hated to be the one of the first to try out the new stuff. I'm sure they are fine, but it is just human nature. People like and trust what they are used too.

I love gadgets, as anybody who knows me can attest to :P;) This unit has me wavering, but I already thought a lot about this and I bought a used cypres to replace my soon-to-be-useless one. I love gadgets, but this is somehow different.

However, my Neptune is on the way :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

However, my Neptune is on the way

offtopic, but I'm still waiting on the Neptune, they haven't released the client software yet, and I'll wait at least until that works properly.

I love gadgets - trust me, I've got them all - but I get them once they've been around long enough to proove themselves.

I don't like being a test dummy, and since I work in the industry I know that buying things when they first come out means that you ARE a test dummy.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Yeah I realise that... I'd like to see the software too, and the price. However the advantages for me are worth it: logging CRW jumps is something my pro-track can't do, and I'd like to know if I can get past the 119 secs on a BirdMan jump.

I don't need another visual alti, I don't even like digital ones, and I already have 2 audio alti's, but I like my pro-track on my leg for BM jumps, so there's room for the Neptune on my helmet. So, for me it IS just a gadget, nothing critical. I can live with being a test dummy, in this case...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Nothing to do with SSK. Do a search in this forum and you will find all the info you need. I just saw a personally owned Sigma tandem system with a Vigil on it, so I know for a fact that they are available, at least on a limited level. Kim told me at SkyQuest that the first delivery of ten production units was to be delivered to DeLand right away. I have not talked to her this week to see what's up, but I am sure she will answer up today here on the boards and give you all an update.

Chuck

I have been told by my dealer that my Vigil is on the way. I should get it, this week, or the next. B|

;)

Yves.

Today I was contacted by Kim Griffin...
At first I thought it was someone from "Family guy" but I realized she is our (US) representative for Vigil USA.

For those who enrolled in the beta testing for the Vigil there is an option to buy the new manufactured (not beta) version for $801. This is due to the high volume of demand which the company was not ready for.
All I have to say to that, is welcome to the skydiving community, bunch of junkies...

Apparently the US should be stocked by the end of January with plenty to go around. So if you have the patience go with the Vigil.

I am looking forward to my new AAD from them especially at the nice price they quoted me...

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

Why did you think I was somone from "Family Guy"? That one flew over my head! (Maybe because I've never seen "Family Guy".) I'm dying for it to be spelled out to me. So, pleasssee...

Yes, things have started off slowly in the Americas but they are picking up as each week passes. We do plan on having the many back orders filled and to have a decent stock in DeLand (to supply Vigil USA dealers) by the end of Jan.

Like SkyMonkey pointed out, you can find a info I posted about the Vigil in a thread dated Nov 20th. Or, PM or email me with questions. [email protected]

Have a sweet weekend all.
-Kimberly Griffin

It was a joke...
Your last name is Griffin...
The family in the show are from Rhode Island and are named Griffin as well...
If you like the Simpsons, you'll like the Family guy...
It has a lot more adult humor and it stereo types the north east...

Thanx Kim

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

Hey Kim what's the scoop. Square One is listed as an authorized dealer, but they aren't advertising the Vigil on their web site.

Are the dealers waiting until they actually have some units in stock based on some sort of deal with you all?

Maybe DiabloPilot will speak up.

It sounds like they have the same problem as Performance Designs (with regard to the new Katana canopy);)

Promote the hell out of it way too early and piss everyone off in the process because there is no information about the new product and nobody seems to know when you will be able to buy the damn thing!

I like cypres2, they made the announcement and released the product within 3 months. Thats service!

Square One is listed as an authorized dealer,

Square 1 is.

but they aren't advertising the Vigil on their web site.

Scatterbrained webmaster. (in house) :ph34r:

e-mail [email protected], or PM me for details.

Are the dealers waiting until they actually have some units in stock based on some sort of deal with you all?

Nope. Want one?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

It sounds like they have the same problem as Performance Designs (with regard to the new Katana canopy)

Doesn't sound like they have a problem, they've just built demand.

My opinion of the Vigil aside, the company has struggled through some pretty big setbacks, ones that in an industry as small as ours would cause more than a few people to say "fugggedaboudit, it ain't worth it" and close up shop.

Good fight, and good luck Kim!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Thanks JP. I did explain what some of the problems were in getting started up back on Nov 20, so I won't go there again.

But, it's all good now. I have heard from Belgium that production is picking up and all is well over there. Well, I'll be really happy when we have a 100 units in stock here in DeLand so people can have instant gratification. We'll get to that point soon enough. I most definitely have enough right now for dealers to order a small amount of stock and more coming all the time.

PS I spent my first 2 jumping years (92-93) working in Cal City. I don't think I even realized Perris existed for a good half year. Funny. I'm really happy for you and SquareOne that you're on board there. I'm sure it's going to suck having a wind tunnel in your back yard!

Warm regards from da east coast.
-Kimberly Griffin

Too late. Just bought a used Cypress 1 for my wifey. She can jump it until it runs out of life in about 2 years. I would have bought the vigil had it been more available.

I was in the market for an AAD for myself 6 months ago. Ended up buying a new Cypress 2 even though I wanted the Vigil. Wanted to buy a vigil and give the little woman my Cypress 2. Couldn't get it so I bought the Cypress and will do the switch or give her the Vigil after it runs out of life.

Just for the record... I am willing to use the Vigil in it's current form without any amount of time in real world proof that it works. I'm not willing to risk my wife. I spent 5 years jumping without an AAD she will NEVER jump without one if I have anything to do about it.

real world proof?? ummm, the current world champion 4-way team Maubeuge and the US National team Deland Majik ALL jump the Vigil. I would guess that's well over 7000-8000 jumps per YEAR between those two teams...and they've been doing it (jumping the vigil) for awhile, too. they didn't just start jumping the vigil yesterday. do you actually think these guys think any less of their lives than you (generally speaking) do? i can, with the utmost certainty say that they enjoy their lives and would not put themselves in harm's way.

i think people have this gross misconception that the vigil has 10 jumps worth of testing and that John Q. Skydiver is gonna be the guinea pig. not true.

i also believe that people believe the vigil exists as much as the snipes do. that's not true either. i know they exist, because i have some.

bottom line is that even the cypres was behind their initial release expectation and as much as it sucks, that's just how it is sometimes. have you ever seen that billboard advertisement that simply says: "made you look." the advertising works. so do the products.

a

Sorry even 8 X 7000 jumps isn't as much real world proof as cypress has garnered in the last almost 12 years.

I think the teams that are using this thing just might be sponsored. that means that they aren't paying for it.

Like I said guys, I trust it for me.. not necessarily for my wife yet. I'm on the boat with competition and I don't think it's some sort of purchaser guinee (how do you spell that) program.

I like having my AAD, but I jumped for a long time without one. Now I have more experience, and even less need for one than I did with my A license and 20 jumps. I like having it though.

one more time for those that misunderstood. I wanted a vigil. I think it's just as good as the cypress, but less expensive and doesn't have a life limit. Technology only gets better. But if I have to choose between what has been tried and tested for 12 years and what is brand new (which I will, I have a rig, and my wife has a rig). I'll give her the one with more time to have proved itself.