granpasc

Wingsuit vs Pilatus

There have been many cases where Pilatus exactly matches the wingsuit performance. This carving turn works. But there is an overlapping flight envelope somewhere halfway between a steeper wingsuit flight and slow diving where the angles match.

Check this video at 1:50
With a slightly steeper angle, I could have added a bit more speed and we would have roughly matched.

The pilots at Empuria do it all the time, and often actually remain next to the wingsuit the whole way (with a capable pilot).

Also see this nice video from Cedric flying a V3 with a porter (Empuria)
http://vimeo.com/15622773
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Vannes in french brittany, well known for cloudy weather B|

Also see this nice video from Cedric flying a V3 with a porter (Empuria)
http://vimeo.com/15622773

Ok with a vampire (120kts hor.), I'm not sure to go as fast with ghost3.
I've the feeling i can't down the arms (along body) for increase speed without deflate wings...and lost horizontal speed :S

Thanks for your advices, i'll try steeper angle next time.

The pilots at Empuria do it all the time, and often actually remain next to the wingsuit the whole way (with a capable pilot).

Last time I was there I noticed that only one of the Porter pilots would fly with you. The other pilot on duty at that time would just immediately leave as soon as you'd exit where as the other pilot would come fly with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmjJynqc90E

I was actually somewhat bummed out in freefall as I was thinking that I should've worn my camera forwards as I would've gotten some nice footage of the plane flying besides me but it turned out nice anyway.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Cheers, Yeyo. :$

And to answer the other question: Yes, it was Black Knights in the UK with the tower of Blackpool pleasure beach to the south and Heysham 1 & 2 Nuclear Power Stations in the north - B|.

My camera set-up is a bit better now and fly a Verso inseatd of an Expert so hope to get some closer footage next time.

www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

I've the feeling i can't down the arms (along body) for increase speed without deflate wings...and lost horizontal speed :S

?? Késako ??

down the arms ...as when standing.

With this move (the drag decrease) i felt speed up with my prodigy. with the ghost3 wings, connected between legs and arms, i feel foils deflate and me falling. >:(

My camera set-up is a bit better now and fly a Verso inseatd of an Expert so hope to get some closer footage next time.

I've got a funny feeling you're going to enjoy this weekend Ross, now our pilot's back in his favourite Porter :)

See you Saturday

Do mind that ANY flying with an airplane should be done (IF you have the skills) with the same direction. Similar to flocking rules.

You don't want to have something like this end up a few cm closer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuIZ5Yr51w

The picture attached is one I got from a post that dissapeared on dz.com a while back. No clue where its from, but edited out the callsign from the airplane. But it shows how easy these 'cool' moments can end up in 'someone hitting the plane/propellor'.

If you can't fly next to another person with the proper skill and accuracy needed, than don't try and do it with a metal thing 10 times the size, and double the speed.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

You don't want to have something like this end up a few cm closer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuIZ5Yr51w

Very true! I was on that load and the jumper was still shaking after landing. But he was not the one to fly towards the plane. He was flying straight and the porter pilot buzzed him getting closer every jump...
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

No clue where its from, but edited out the callsign from the airplane

With that paint job, it's very apparent where it is from! Especially after a recent well-publicised spin video. It's not a Porter. ;)
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live