EC1987

wingsuts canopy??

I got my new s-bird and I want to by a wingsuits canopy . Now I jump a xaos 93 (loaded at 2.2) and a JVX87 (loaded at 2.35) and its not very good for wingsuits jump ( my opinion ) So the question what do you think about a storm 120 ( I never jump a storm ) my exit weight is 205-207 .......... thanks

Storm
Silhouette
Sabre 1/2
Spectre
Pulse
Pilot

All great. I'd recommend against higher wingloading and elliptical canopies, although there are a few guys that manage them just fine. In a bigger suit...you're gonna spin up from time to time.

Storm
Silhouette
Sabre 1/2
Pulse
Pilot

All great. I'd recommend against higher wingloading and elliptical canopies, although there are a few guys that manage them just fine. In a bigger suit...you're gonna spin up from time to time.

Don't forget the Spectre ... Spectre:Storm::Sabre1:Sabre2.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You may try a Triathlon 135 if it fits your rig. You can get a used one pretty cheap (Square1 has one for sale right now). At 1.5 it won't have a nice flare but it is a square 7cell so it will be as stable as possible for your wl. Since you probably have a lot of canopy experience, timing the flare shouldn't be a problem. I fly a Tri160 at 1.35 and get really good landings (and swoops) with it
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

I would suggest keeping your eye out for an old Sabre. I jump a VX109 normally loaded 2.2:1 and have about 200 wingsuit jumps on it. I recently purchase an old Saber 135 for wingsuiting with 300 jumps on it, to get it fully set up with a domed slider, on risers, D-bag, pilot chute I was in it $600 total.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I have been jumping a Sabre1 150 for all my wingsuit jumps ~400. I modded the slider to help with openings both wingsuiting and non. It flies very well in line twists and they are cheap and easy to get a hold of. You could probably find one around to try it out. A very good option for a secondary rig used strictly for wingsuiting.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I tried a Safire for a dozen or so jumps; didn't like the snivels, that seemed to generate more linetwists than faster-opening canopies. That's part of why I settled on the Storm, and have been enjoying the Pulse while my knee recovers.
The Pilot is a great canopy too (provided you have one of the newer ones).

I like my storm (a 120, WL 1,75), my other canopy is a velo 90 (WL 2,35). You can do some sporty things (landings) with the storm and it gives you good openings. I still hesitate between a sabre2 and the storm.

If loading over 1.5 I'd recommend the Storm. I am flying a Sabre2 with about 1.4 and would not want to have it loaded higher.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.