salomon767

Whats a good price for a GTi?

Its not so much about 'more fun' as making the suit last longer.
Going for one of the current intermediate range wingsuits, and learning to fly that well you will have all the range you need to fly in formations at any speed as well as doing aerobatics, backflying, docked stuff etc.

Doing a first flight course, and than with advice from the coach and perhaps one or two jumps on various models, choosing the suit you want to fly for the coming years makes you skip a lot of expensive 'upgrades' some people try to advocate when trying to build people towards the biggest and most expensive suits they can sell you...

Im flying an intermediate model wingsuit myself and at over 1000 wingsuit jumps am hardly ever flying anything else...
Though a GTi may be a nice option, many people sell them for double what they are worth, and you can often score good 2nd hand intermediate suits for around 450 to 500 that wil last you a lifetime.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have never, ever had a problem flying comfortably in ANY flock, whether small or large, jumping "smaller" suits. A GTi is a fine suit for the average person who "sometimes" jumps a wingsuit. It's great to learn in, easy to modify, and cheap to buy. I still know where my original GTi is! As far as suit comparison goes: a GTi with wingtip mods isn't really any smaller than a Phantom.

Chuck
a guy with a lot of suits

You say that, but have you tested that theory? Have you ever failed to stay up with a flock in a GTi? I know I haven't. Never failed to stay in slot in my P2 either. While it's true you might be at the limit of your forward speed range, it's very rare that it's going to end up "too slow" for an accomplished pilot. Note that I added "accomplished" as a caveat...:ph34r:

C. Blue, esq.

Seeing two very good pilots trade their GTI in for something in which they could stay with the flock, Id say yes. One with 500 ws jumps went low/back on his own 1000th jump in that.

Perhaps in 'legs on butt' flocks a gti works. But normal flying ones. In my experience, leaves a GTI far underpowered.

Perhaps 1k to 4k wingsuit jumps of practice works miracles, but not in the jumps/flocks Ive been in, and for sure for beginners far from doable..

Doing an FFC and investing in something more lasting would be my advice...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?