drkramm

aerodyne icon pro wingsuit mod ?

Mine has it: Longer bridle and larger pilot chute. Plus different, open corners on the main deployment container part although I have not compared to a regular Icon yet. Just to mention: Even if it is not on their order form you can have the same mod from UPT for the Vector.

Aside from a container thats not too tight, I dont think anything over a good length bridle and decent sized pilotchute (big on large suits) is needed.

Stowless bags help with better deployments (less tumbling). But the cut corners (especially when fully open) mostly make a rig pack very ugly...:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Stowless bags help with better deployments (less tumbling). But the cut corners (especially when fully open) mostly make a rig pack very ugly...:P

Fully open corners on my Wings doesn't affect how it looks, but it is slightly faster to pack.

Ive jumped a wings container for 3 years. Mine with open corners held next to the container of my buddy without open corners (same size/model/mains etc) showed the bottom always sagged out a bit on the sides compared to the normal one.

That aside..dont think there is any real need for open corners. The pilotchute, bridle length and bag orientation seem to be the biggest factor when it comes to clean openings..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

But the cut corners (especially when fully open) mostly make a rig pack very ugly...:P

These are both cut/dynamic corners. You think they're ugly?

Another...

This one is ugly, but not because of the dynamic corner, but because of the BOC color.

IMO, dynamic corners are great if one is ordering a new rig. I do notice a diff between my student rigs that don't have cut corners and my Voodoos which do. Are they necessary? Of course not. Are they nice?
Yes.

I also use a stowless Dbag (berger bag) and it too, makes for a sweeter, smoother deployment.

You think they're ugly?

Rig and poor choice in colors aside you mean?:P
Noop. They look nice.

But I have seen people with rigs with cut corners (probably varies per rig design and depends on size of canopies inside as well) that have a tendency to bulge/sag out sideways. With the side-flaps sliding outward a bit. Making the rig sag.

At least it was something I noticed on mine.
When looking at modifying a rig, for better openings, I would take it in steps.

- Pilotchute/Bridle being quick/easy fixes
- Stowless bag or variation on those an easy second
- Cutting the rig/corners, a late third if the first two didnt do the trick.

That aside, a strong pull and good symetrical body position also helps..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

(probably varies per rig design and depends on size of canopies inside as well) that have a tendency to bulge/sag out sideways. With the side-flaps sliding outward a bit. Making the rig sag.

Probably a combination of lazy/poor packing and rig design.

Those colors ROCK! You always know when it's me coming....

Probably a combination of lazy/poor packing and rig design

Not packing for sure...never had issues with other containers. As well as packers (the few times I did use em) showing the same bulging sides slightly sliding out of line from where they should be.
Canopywise the container could also take a size bigger if needed.

I mostly ment to say, as nice as 'wingsuit mods' are.
As long as a container has a nice fit for the canopies inside, most 'simpler' modifications to pilotchute/bridle/bag are already more than most people need.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What exactly is the Wings "moded D-bag" ? the pic seems to show an extra "flap" on the bottom of the bag... if so, for what purpose? I just bought a new Wings, didn't get the w/s corners (my main is not overstuffed in the container), but did get a 9' bridle...and not a larger pilot chute as I jump a Cobalt 150 and from what I read they don't like larger pilot chutes. I also use the top of bag stow option as it (in theory) would allow less bag rotation when the stows release. Does placing the bag grommet facing up really aid in a smoother deployment sequence, I have heard conflicting points of view, but the one against was not a w/s'er (anyone?)? It is all being put together today and I will be jumping it with my new-to-me R-Bird tomorrow, weather permitting...weather god has forsaken us here in Atlantic Canada so far this year >:(

ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough