manolo102

somebody know the diference between the tony suits R-birs an the R-wing??????

Tony suits started out with the a different cut wing that tappered the outer edge to the legs. These suits were the Raptor, Super Mach one, and the XS, they then change the arm wing to cut in after the gripps and only the sections closest to the torso ran down. At first these were offered as a option on the suit so raptor became the R-bird, the super mach one became the S-bird and the XS became the X-bird. Not sure if that is what you are asking or not
Kirk
He's dead Jim

the raptor was first, then R wing, then R bird. you know he also made an x wing before the xbird.

uhmmm.... are you suuure?

disclaimer, i'm not a tony rep so hopefully the guys in charge of that stuff will add more "official" details...

But here's what I recall. The "bird" mod was introduced as the new cut in the wing, as shown in that picture... and this was back in '09... first there was the new thunderbird (aka tbird), I think it was the dirty sanchez boogie in sebastian when I tried out one of the very first prototypes... and then the same mod was done to all the other suits in tony's arsenal... I recall trying an r-bird later that summer... so they all got "bird" names attached to that first initial from the older style line of suits.

The "wing" name came later... maybe around winter 2009-2010? I associate it with the moment the fastback option was put in. What I'm not entirely certain about is if there are a bunch of other options that are officially tied to the "wing" name (like the mini ribs and whatnot)... but chronologically speaking I'm pretty sure he made the "wing" series after the "bird" series. Unless there was a recent move back towards the "bird" name again that I'm unaware of...

I'll back off now and wait for the people in the tony crew to actually provide more detailed info...

The "Wing" versus "Bird" series difference was originally only the fastback. We were calling the "Birds" with fastbacks "wings". The wings came after the birds. It was a performance upgrade to the Birds. Now it is an option on the suits, you can order one with a fastback or not, but the names of the suits are T-Bird, R-Bird, S-Bird and X-Bird (Now X2). This is to keep the confusion down. :-)

Cheers

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits