trixonik

HUD for Wingsuiting

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/recon-details-next-gen-gps-goggle-technology-android-bluetooth

Looks like this setup will give people the option to develop custom apps / display using android. I'm thinking it should be pretty easy to have a HUD for Contour video and GPS / glide ratio data. Below is the release from Contour about using android as a viewfinder.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/contour-adds-live-viewfinder-to-its-contourgps-helmet-cam-real

Craig Girard used a HUD for altitude at the 400 way in Thailand. He said it was so distracting that he ended up just ignoring it so he could focus on the dive.

Had same experience with even just two leds telling me left or right. And cooper had similar issues with led displays, which is why the flysight gps is an audible device...

While i encourage any development, my opinion after having played with it for a bit is that it is OK if you are alone in the air, but it should be left on the ground if you plan to jump with others. But well, that is justt my 0.02$

it is OK if you are alone in the air, but it should be left on the ground if you plan to jump with others

Definately agreed...Id wanna ad that a strict number is hard to come up with, but its defenately good to mention you need a conciderable amount of wingsuit flying experience before adding these kind of distractions.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've been using these for quite some time. They work really well.

I would have figured you more this kind of person. But whatever works best for you...:P

Just remember, no mask will ever erase the memory of Cigarettes and butt sex.... ;)
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Just remember, no mask will ever erase the memory of Cigarettes and butt sex.... ;)

from high-tech head up displays to butt-sex in just 3 posts.
this world never ceases to amaze me ;)

You really are new to DZ.com aren't you...
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

from high-tech head up displays to butt-sex in just 3 posts.
this world never ceases to amaze me ;)

You really are new to DZ.com aren't you...

maybe we should introduce him to banesanura..

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda