DSE

Skydive Elsinore Distance Challenge

November 14, 2010. Bring your best game.
First prize is an altimeter from L&B, second prize a certificate from Phoenix-Fly.
Exit from 10k, open container by 3k.
Judges on the ground make the call.
No registration fee, just show up for the distance loads, and have fun.

The following week is the Vertical Skills Camp, which will also be an opportunity to audition for the Vertical Skills Challenge being held in January 2011.

We can race a bit over here tom...we have peeps with GPS thingies...
We can do a (damn cold!) mini-event at Hoevenen jumping a shitty small plane in de weekend when they are rockin it in the nice warm weather from nice big planes...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Great times here at S'nore today.
Man...I was excited when I opened up and saw Dennis Sattler only a short distance ahead of me. His lightweight and Xbird plus experience were definitely in the top spots to beat. As I turned towards the dropzone, I watched (with disappointment) as Cate Henegan opened up a good 500' beyond both Dennis and I. She has been flying a Raptor, so she should have been easy to beat, but then she pulled out her newly-washed V3.
I wasn't in the running for a slot, so Cate and Dennis took First and Second place respectively.
Cate graciously donated her 50% off a PF prize to the Second place winner who donated it to the Third Prize winner.

It was like Christmas for OJ Tahiti/Briaud who came in third. He received the gift certificate for a PF suit on his 5th wingsuit skydive. He's a monster tracker, so it was no surprise he was close. Joel Hindman took fourth place to win the L&B Viso altimeter.
The other folks...better luck next time. Everyone did well, including Annie who competed in a PF Tracking suit.
Other than heights, the load was evenly matched with everyone but Cate, Dennis, Annie, and myself wearing Phantom2 wingsuits. Matt was wearing my P2, as was OJ wearing my other P2.
I'm really glad I wasn't behind Gary/Jewbag with his bright red c**k embroidered on the tail.:S
thanks for a really fun day, gang.

Thanks a lot for the fun times this week end. First flight and first competition the next day got my nerves bunched up on the way to altitude :P But as soon as I was out the door the fun of flying the P2 took over in a split second and all that was left was the pure joy of flight.

I would really like to thank DSE for sharing that with me and getting me my wings :D

Also I can't wait to see a flock with Jewbag as a base B|

"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Dudeist Skydiver #9

As I turned towards the dropzone, I watched (with disappointment) as Cate Henegan opened up a good 500' beyond both Dennis and I. She has been flying a Raptor, so she should have been easy to beat, but then she pulled out her newly-washed V3.

That's my old Vampire 3. :)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch