DSE

Hawaii Wingsuit event

On April 30, May 1/2, we'll be holding a wingsuit event/camp at Skydive Hawaii on the island of Oahu.

All are invited. We're planning on setting a Hawaiian State Record, plus some killer flocks over the sea. Whales should still be in the area, and it's quite common to see cow/calves in the ocean near the DZ.

We have enough good flyers for a 4 way, so hoping to make it bigger, badder.

To jump at Skydive Hawaii, you must have a B license unless you did your AFF there.

Airfares are pretty low right now. So are beach rentals near the DZ in Mokulea, Haleiwa, Wailua, and even Waimea. Look at beach properties vs hotels. I found a beach house for $80.00 per night, less than 5 mins from Dillingham Field. Cheapest area hotel I found was 190.00 per night. LOTS of desperate B&B's in the area.
This is where "LOST" exteriors are filmed. It's gorgeous.
Fly into HNL, drive 45 mins north on the H2 if you want to stay in Waikiki. Jumping starts fairly early (8 a.m.) and is finished by 2-3 in the afternoon, depending on tradewinds.
LOTS to do in the area, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a better DZ.

I'll have several demo suits from Phoenix Fly and Tony with me as well.

p.m. me for info, or contact Tom Deacon atSkydive Hawaii. (808) 637-9700

We'll give a new meaning to "Hang Ten." Aloha!

http://www.oahunorthshoremap.com/Area_Maps/north_shore_area.html

So far, from mainland we have:
Andreea O
Rick H
Scotty B
Jason C
Aaron H
Jose C
Alphonso P
DSE

with a couple of others anticipated.

JC Colclasure, Tom Deacon, and a couple of others from Skydive Hawaii in the flock too.
Gonna be a great time if you're still on the fence.
15k to sea level, whales are still around nice flights.
We'll be doing some distance runs from Haleiwa, lunch at Kua'iina Burger brought in on Sat.
FFC's too.

We ain't sucking in Hawaii, the event had a soft-launch today. Lotsa folks very excited, FFC's started in earnest today. Looking forward to Purple, Rick Andreea, Scotty, Jason, Zach all arriving tomorrow. Whales are still here, dolphins and turtles abound.
See the blog for details and photos.

Andreea O
Rick H
Scotty B
Jason C
Aaron H
Jose C
Alphonso P
DSE
Ben Borger
Purple Mike
Zach Schroedel
TK
Tom

We gots a crew here. Having fun. The blog has the best/recent info & pix. I think we're all already butter-shrimped out. 3.00...all you can eat.

I didn't forget Bill. I just misplaced his name.:$ Thanks for the catch.
He was funny at dinner, wondering why the printout for the formations doesn't list the "Sperm" formation...where did he happen to see that secret code name? Hmmm?
My biggest concern right now is keeping Purple Mike's focus on the base slot, vs chasing after all the puffies that seem to be hanging over the DZ all day. Those suckers go right up to 14K (and so do we).

Tom's been quite busy this week. He just received his AFFI/E rating about 48 hours ago, and I'm not sure he's had time for a beer, let alone flocking. I did bring a suit just for him, but can't seem to catch him without a student strapped to his belly.

Some fun jumps were done today, several FFC's today. Many thanks to Rick Hough for helping get the FFC's accomplished before clouds made it impossible for students.

It was a short weekend, but fun for sure. Next time I'll need to allow more than 60 hrs there.

I got some great video of purple from the two way jumper him and I did before holes filled. Can't wait to see the finish video ;)

Too bad the larger record weathered out. I guess it wasn't our priority since we were having too much fun and spreading the wingsuit love to new jumpers.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I shoulda made it clear for you guys to go do the record without me. A couple of those FFC's were long and hairy... But it was good.
That last jump as a group into the big hole was spectacular, with Charley and JP in front of me...looking across at Rick, clouds on both sides, ocean below.
I'll never forget how great it was to be flying with a large group of close friends over the blue ocean.
But I do wish the weather had allowed a larger record, or that you guys had gone on without me. but i"m glad you didn't.
Thanks, Zach (and Rick, Andreea) for helping keep things rolling and helping with students.