ifics

Mirage G3 owners??

A question for anyone with a G3. On my new G3 my reserve handle (metal) on the bottom seems to slide out a bit. Its not a risk because the rest is stopped, but its bothering me a bit. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I did think about that but I like my metal reserve, its easy to grab and wrap my hand around. Its not a serious problem, my handle wont come out even if tugged on (but if pulled it comes out like its supposed to) so I am not worried about it. I just wanted a way to secure the bottom of it down.

Check out the velcro see if it needs to be replaced or give it to your local rigger to check it out...
Personally I like the soft reserve handle; it's not easily diloged or pulled out where as the ring can be hooked by a thumb (which ican be both benificial and detramental) packed airplanes...

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

It's possible that the velcro on the inside of the harness has worn a bit. May want to check with a rigger to see about having it fixed/replaced.

I agree with you about the ease of grabbing a metal handle. I've got two D-rings on my Odyssey, both low profile. They sit very low against the harness, but still have plenty of room to grab, even with gloves on.

Matt
-----

Show it to your rigger. Sometimes even if the velcro is in good shape, the bottom edge will pop out. We have two master riggers here who've fixed the problem several times this year (not just on Mirages). Your rigger should be able to come up with a fix.

Good luck!

This happens with a lots of rigs. I think it is caused by the jumper moving in the harness and the harness trying to flex where the metal of the reserve handle is. It forces the bottom of the handle out of the pocket. It doesn't seem to happen to cutaway handles because they flex with the harness. Contact Mirage and get their advice. One possible solution, that has a drawback, is sewing a line at the bottom of the handle through the harness at an upwards angle. It holds the handle in the pocket better, which is also the downside, it holds the handle in the pocket better.

Derek

A question for anyone with a G3. On my new G3 my reserve handle (metal) on the bottom seems to slide out a bit. Its not a risk because the rest is stopped, but its bothering me a bit. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I had same from my G3 since it was new. I never worried too much about it - but coincidentally, last night was replacing a jumpsuit zip as well as installing a velcro tab on bottom of the G3 for my Birdman suit base pouch set-up, so decided to replace the loop section of the reserve velcro.

This half of the velcro has been sort of shredded since the rig was new - especially at the bottom. This is what has always allowed the bottom of the handle to creap out - just like yours.

So, as suggested by others, just get it replaced when you can.

Blue Skies,

fergs;)

It amazes me just a bit that it took three posts prior to the correct answer[:/]. If you have any questions about your gear find some one you trust if you can't find a rigger!

Be sage:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I had my chest strap replaced on my G3 and the new stitching made the pocket very tight, after a jump the bottom part of the handle would be pushed out from the material movement. I took it back to the rigger and they moved the bottom reserve handle stitch lower to make the handle pocket a little larger and it fixed the problem the velcro keeps the handle as it should be.