LouDiamond

SDAZ Holiday Boogie 2009

Knocked out a few nice 14 and 10 way flocks yesterday. Today was overcast and the ceiling looked low but we got full altitude for almost the whole day. 1-2 lifts it came down but it went back up. Several decent sized flocks went up and we continued with the International FFC club today. Julia from the UK had previously done a wingsuit jump with Rolf a year prior but wanted to knock the cobwebs off so sean went up with her. Doug, from the UK knocked out the FFC as well. Overall, not a bad day at all.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Today was off and on as the ceiling kept changing throughout the day, all day. However, we managed to put up a few flocks, to include a "speed flock" dive from less than full altitude to break off. Two new birds were also added to the flock. Congrats goes out to Erin and Shane who both knocked out their FFC. Great job guys.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another good day of flights was had by all sporting the nylon crack. Weather looked so so but got better as the day went on. Wind kicked up a little but didn't slow the loads down. We ended the day with a nice 8 way sunset flock with a little bit of cloud action and extra altitude thrown in. The new birds have been rocking the suits and keep getting better and better. Several birds have had the opportunity to work on particular skills and or fly slots they are not accustomed to and have shown marked improvements. Overall, it was a really great day.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another good day of flights was had by all sporting the nylon crack. Weather looked so so but got better as the day went on. Wind kicked up a little but didn't slow the loads down. We ended the day with a nice 8 way sunset flock with a little bit of cloud action and extra altitude thrown in. The new birds have been rocking the suits and keep getting better and better. Several birds have had the opportunity to work on particular skills and or fly slots they are not accustomed to and have shown marked improvements. Overall, it was a really great day.:)

Sounds like it is going well down there! Say Hi to the Flock for me, wish I was able to get away this year! :)
Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Glad you guys all had fun. Im freezing my ass off here in Germany. Geh I've had to go with my lady's family to so many damn operas i've tuned out half the time and thought "I wonder whats happening at the boogie right now?" :)

Glad to see you had so many new fliers that could FIT in those suits Scott :P

Doing situps and freezing in Deutschland,

Ken

New Years eve and New years day were both good days. Both saw new birds added to the flock and several fun flocks were flown to include a high speed pass/Performance flight.

Congrats goes out to the new Birds, which happen to be mostly from the UK. Hanna knocked the dust off her wings and got into a suit again after a long lay off. Dieter (Denmark) earned here wings shortly there after. As did Andy(UK)

Today's new birds are all from the UK as well. Congrats to Dave, Mark and Phil for earning their wings. Phil is a member of the Red Devils Demo team and learned how to fly one of his teams wingsuits today.

It got a little windy in the middle of the day but the last load of the day it was nice and calm. Overall, not a bad day of jumping for the day after the New years Eve party.

See ya all tomorrow.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The boogie was great, a lot of new birds joined the flock and a lot worked on their individual skills. John B. did his 1000th skydive during the boogie which was a 14 way wingsuit flock out of the Otter. A mess load of UK jumpers got their wings and many more also got their WS 1/2 ratings signed off by Richard while here, as we were able to knock out a lot of the requirements in short order.

Two couples are now wingsuiting together, Erin and Mike are both flying together now and on the last day Marisha and Eppi did their FFC and are both hooked as well. Jason finally stopped falling out of the sky and earned his wings as did his mate Dave. All did really well and Jason set the base for a 7 way sunset load that was the last jump of the boogie. We saw a lot more female birds at this boogie than before, some of them new birds and others who have been flying awhile, all of them held their own and flew very well, some better than the guys:P.

To everyone who came to the boogie, I want to say thanks, I had a great time flying with and meeting everyone. And to all the new birds, Congrats!:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I love the "boogie wisdom" pic. I think we should copy that for big way events.

Brian Burke is the author of that wisdom. Aside from an occasional dumb human trick, the only injury was a minor one (knee/ankle twist I think) for the entire boogie this year.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I found myself flying BASE a lot; at first reluctantly....then willingly and wantingly. I discovered and learned many things....and got some "appreciation and respect" for the base.

I found it stimulating and fun from the challenge of having to do everything perfectly, consistently, everytime; starting from exit on. I learned that I had to "program my mind" what body position yielded the best "average fall rate" so an entire range of wingsuits and abilities could fly together as a group and flying a very smooth arc or straight line back to the DZ and opening point. Pinning it out in a SM1 made no sense and neither did "bent knees"; so my fun was in the challenge of something I previously used to take for granted .....or bitch about. Hmmmmm....kudos for Purple? ;)

So it was nice to be able to provide some formations that newer flyers in smaller suits could get into or be challenged enough to want to try again...and not be discouraged.;)

FINALLY; I was able to Get Higher than the Skyvan on a high speed pass and pull off my longest distance and time flight ever; kind of reminds me of running again.....competing against myself and trying to do better each work out.

Many thank to all who joined me on number 1,000 and into my 19th hour of freefall ( Thanks to Wingsuits ) Now that I got that behind me.....I can begin to learn.