kiadog

secondhand gear

Help Help Help looking for some decent second hand gear wear do you start :( ive checked there is no gear atall fore sale in the uk on dropzone.com dose this mean i have to go to the states for decent equipment or is there a uk list that i just dont know about.turn this :(into this:)

it is available in the UK, first check with your home DZ, they will have either a shop or a second hand gear book or both. This is your first stop and best place to buy gear.

Then there is the Mag, theres a clasifides section every issue, but this stuff shifts fast, esp things that is suitable for a first rig.

There is not as much for sale in the UK as in the US so you can import but be real careful with customs... they may want to charge you tax on the new value of everything you bring in which can double the cost... v bad juju. Then again DZ's often have a system where if you ask arround you will find someone going to the US either to train as a team or on a jump holiday. The system works by you buying them beer/booze and they bring your rig back for you (just dont tell the tax man).

The other prob with buying overseas is of course you cant jump it first to test it. This cant really be helped but you can at least have the seller send it to a rigger in the US for them to check out and agree its condition etc.

The best way to buy seccond hand in the UK is through your DZ. They can help and work as a conduit for such transactions bringing together buyer and seller. Ask them first and be prepaired to wait a while - there is not a great turn over in the UK so good items come up slowly and dissapear fast.

The classifieds section on dirtdive.co.uk is normally quite busy, Enclave is also worth a look but will be more US-centric.

Gus

i never knew enclave had scnd hand gear. anyway, if the guy that started the thread needs more help i suggest looking around on these forums for another thread... i myself started one about this at some point in the last 6 months, and i know there are others. it is a bit hard tho finding accectable first rigs in the uk. we seem to get a few people trying to con people with little experiance into buying either very old rigs / chutes, or selling equipment not actually suitable for new peopple

What are you looking for? We are heading off to Sweden this around the holidays, and we either come through jolly old England or Amsterdam. If I have what you are looking for, I could possible get it there for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!