PhoenixRising

Here you go......

How would you compare that flight to if you had used an XS? Could you go as far, as fast, and what do you notice is different in flying the two?

This suit is 1000000x the suit the XS was. Compared to my Marl performance last year, I feel that I improve in all of the above criteria.

In addition to that, the suit flys sooooooo much better. Turns are less radical and less steep. Arm position/pressure is so much easier (mine is swept back atleast 3 inches from what the XS was at 90 degrees). It is less washy. It is more stable. For example, on the XS, I felt during max flights that I really was on a beach ball.... fighting for my balance. Now, in the X-Bird, it feel like I am part of the suit, not fighting it.

I mentioned that I was fatigued yesterday..but today I feel none of the hard core fatigue I would feel after and XS distance flight. I attribute that to the better arm wing.

Overall, it is a more polished XS. The XS was/is good, but it really paved the way for the X-Bird.

Love for my X-Bird

In the XS i could not do the times I do in the X-Bird. I can fly faster, farther, longer. With less fatigue.

I love my X-bird.

Disclaimer: This is a serious suit. I found it difficult to flock, because it does not want to be stopped, AT ALL. The XS is a fairly difficult suit to fly, and because we say the X-Bird is easier does not mean it is easy.
If a flyer has difficulty flying an SM1 in any attitude or situation, a bigger suit will be harder.

Jump what you have until you can do ANYTHING in it. Then Upgrade. Dont be the guy with an XS, or Bird, or Stealth 2 that does alot of solos because no one wants to fly with you.:)
Justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits