Jimbo

SMART reserve. Anyone jump one yet?

Yeah I got one with my first rig.
Smart 220
Got the opportunity to jump as my lines broke on my main canopy the first time i jumped it. (cases of beer were spewing out of me that day).
as to opening the reserve it was quick with a sharp bite. as to flight characteristics it was relatively responsive (though i flew it ultra conservatively). The glide on landing was much longer and faster than I was used to. (just came off of student canopy PD300 nine cell). Flare was a little weak but still almost stood it up. (went to one knee after running it out... I go about 240lbs with gear):o
If you need anything more specific just let me know
Blue Skies
Jim

You can jump one at Eloy or Crosskeys as well. We have taken a realy long look at them and they look to be very sound. I am jumping the 160 this weekend. I'll let ya know what I think. If Bushman or Aubrey are around they can answer the questions better than I can. I think they are a lot like the Tempo. PISA did become part of Aerodyne afterall. So I would say if you liked your Tempo then you will also like the Smart. Plus they are really affordable.

Compare
PD143r 883.20
SMART 150 764.15
R-MAX 148 902.40

They only make them in white so you guys and gals that just gotta have a certain color are out of luck :S. Never unserstood why people get so picky about reserve colors.
Dom

I think they are a lot like the Tempo. PISA did become part of Aerodyne afterall

i would assume the same thing, since the same guy who designed the tempo designed the smart. i know dominic, he's a friend of mine. and he has told me that the smart has better performance.

i mean, the tempo was designed a long time ago, early 90's. they have a lot more technology now.

They only make them in white so you guys and gals that just gotta have a certain color are out of luck . Never unserstood why people get so picky about reserve colors.

ya, that's what PISA said too, but really if you paid a little extra you could get what ever color you want.

i would assume the same goes for the smart. i'm sure if you got enough money, they'll build what ever color you want ;)

i would like to jump a 135. see what it's like. but i'm not going to make a special trip to eloy, crosskeys, or perris to jump it. but if i happen to be at one of those places, i may.

later

I had a reserve ride on my Smart 160, 3 weeks ago. I had line twists on a sub-terminal Stelletto 150 opening. As I was trying to kick out, the canopy dove spiralling toward the ground with me on my back. I cut the main away and pulled the reserve but my RSL pulled the reserve out. The reserve opened quickly with line twists but the canopy was very stable and I easily kicked out. The canopy was quite responsive with a good forward speed and a very nice flair.I had a very soft landing but I did flair a little quicker than I would have on my Stelletto. I have a nice video of the cut away but the reserve risers slapped my camera and turned it off so I did not get the reserve opening. My exit weight is 225 lbs.:S