MADPROPS

a good start??

i'm getting a wing suit for x-mas (its coming early for me this year:)saw a Birdman Classic II for sale for about 500 bucks

i'm 6 foot 1 180lbs

and 500 bucks is about my max

i have seen lotts of people saying it is good to learn on ?

can you still flock with the guys/girls in the new suits?

and can you back fly ??

so really i'm looking for the pros and cons as
i will not be able to get a new suit after this for some time. but i'm guessing it will be a blast still

as for my jump numbers i'm going south this winter and i know i can't try it till i get 200 jumps witch i will get to b4 my trip is over baring something bad happening[:/]

so what do you guys think of this suit and what else could i look at for that price???

thanks for all the input
live and let live

I am also looking at a GTI for the same price (500 USD)

i have herd really good things about them (on the net) but is it to much to start out on??

as a side note i would say about 70% of my jumps are tracking jumps and alot of those are traking like i was in a wing suit. hey i can dream :D:ph34r:

live and let live

My wife got a Tony Intro as her first suit and loves it.

It cost $600 and she gets a $400 trade in credit when she is ready for something bigger which she probably won't ever need.

She got a new suit that was made to her measurements and colors; not trying to fit into a used wingsuit made for somebody else.

The polycotton body and parapac wings are very durable against abrasion and wear; washes well too. Older wingsuits in Balloon Zero P snag and puncture easy on aircraft seats or a rough landing.

The suit comes on and off her r rig fast so she can go belly or freefly and then come back to wingsuits.

With only 10 wingsuit jumps she is flying her Tony Intro in upper 50's for vertical descent speed and rapidly approaching the 2 minute mark from 13,500.

I have seen this suit back flown and aerobatic flown before. I have seen this suit fly well in flocks but not the flocks that get real big, slow, and floaty.

If you ever need any kind of repair or modification you can UPS it to Tony Suits in Florida and get fast customer response.

The Z-Flock and Flock University Crew have a whole bunch of Intro's you can try and go fly. Look them up!

saw a Birdman Classic II for sale for about 500 bucks

Steep.

i'm 6 foot 1 180lbs

That's a normal size where choice in 2nd hand suits should not be a problem.

i have seen lots of people saying it is good to learn on ?

It is. But there's lots of suits suitable for a beginner these days.

can you still flock with the guys/girls in the new suits?

Not if they have one of the bigger ones, and turn up the speed. Forward speed is limited in a Classic.

and can you back fly ??

I can't. It's the Indian, not the arrow. You can backfly pretty much any suit, if you can.

as for my jump numbers i'm going south this winter and i know i can't try it till i get 200 jumps which i will get to before my trip is over barring something bad happening[:/]

Get ready first, then seek out an instructor. He/she probably will have demo suits in your size. Buying a suit now is not the correct priority for you, in my unhumble opinion. You may find you like freeflying in the next 150 jumps. Or classic accuracy. (OK, taking a bit of a leap here.) Or you may not be ready for flying a wingsuit at 200 jumps total (or ever).
Make some jumps first, have fun, learn, take a FFC, then worry about buying a suit.

so what do you guys think of this suit and what else could i look at for that price???

I think it's overpriced. Get started on wingsuiting (later) first, get to know the local flock (and vv) and take advice from them then.
Johan.
I am. I think.

so really i'm looking for the pros and cons as
i will not be able to get a new suit after this for some time. but i'm guessing it will be a blast still

You will not want to be stuck on a classic2 for any length of time.

It is an excellent suit to do your first couple of flights on, but for going any further than that it is well and truly outdated. Use whatever demo suits your wingsuit instructor has for your first flights, then look at buying a suit to progress on. My personal recommendation would be a phantom, but their are plenty of good suits out there right now.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

i'm getting a wing suit for x-mas (its coming early for me this year:)saw a Birdman Classic II for sale for about 500 bucks

i'm 6 foot 1 180lbs

and 500 bucks is about my max

First I would save a few more pennies and get either a used phantom or even less pennies and get a Intro with the Buy Back option. $600 and a little more time saving with a $400 buy back vs. $500 and a much lesser suit is a pretty good deal. People WANT IT so sometime they overspend i.e. the suit your mentioning for $500 when they would be better off saving a bit longer.

Since you can't jump it any way based on Jump number then I suggest going on the trip and jumping while holding the saved cash aside and adding when you can the extra $100 for a Intro or extra few hundred for a used Phantom. Personaly I think that is the better way to go then getting a suit just because you "Have" to have it.. In the long run you will be happier.

Finally, if your going to get one despite what the responses are saying try not to overpay and between a classic and a GTI I would lean towards the GTI

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I will recommend you get an Intro.
Did my first 25 or so jumps in it and it is a fantastic suit.
Easy to fly, can be hooked up/taken off in under 30seconds, you can reach toggles/risers without unzipping the wings (one of the best + for me)
Performance is also awesome for such small wing (small comparing to other Tony suits). I'm 5'11 and 195 out the door and was getting 60mph fallrate avgs, with going as little as low 50s at given intervals (Neptune graphs)
And for the price of $600 you can't go wrong, especially that you get $400 trade in credit for another Tony suit when ready to upsize.