sinjin

prodigy 1 vs 2

anyone here who has flown both and can comment.. i there a big difference ? should i buy new p2 or will the p1 be about the same.. i have done a search and not found anything. i am looking to use it as a both a stepping stone suit to a intermed or adv,, and also for base, even though we not supposed to talk about that here,, shhhhh
dont let life pass you by

The Pr2 is vastly superior to the Pr1. The arm wing and leg wing is nicely balanced and the inflation is solid. The new wing release clips are super easy to use and they won't come loose. I have two for students and put one on every once in a while for fun.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I know that you were specifically asking about the prodigy 2, but I almost have to ask why? The phantom 2 is a fantastic first suit, which we use at Zhills for first flights. I would much rather see someone spend their money on a suit you will use much more successfully!

If you still want a prodigy type suit I also would also have to mention the tony suit intro. The price is less AND he'll buy it back from you and put that money towards your next suit from him!!

edit to add..sorry missed the BASE part of it... I'll punt that one to James then!!

anyone here who has flown both and can comment.. i there a big difference ? should i buy new p2 or will the p1 be about the same.. i have done a search and not found anything. i am looking to use it as a both a stepping stone suit to a intermed or adv,, and also for base, even though we not supposed to talk about that here,, shhhhh

I have not flown both but I personally have about 40-50 BASE jumps on prodigy1 and a good friend that I've jumped with a lot has a P2. We've done some comparison between the two so I might share my opinions. The two suits are totally different suits to begin with. P2 has much longer legwing and inflatable ram air arm wings (where P1 has single surface arm wings). I cannot comment on the performance part, between us there isn't that much difference on the performance but then again I'd think that a really good P2 flyer would outfly a really good P1 flyer. On skydiving we've done some flocking jumps with my friends flying V1's and V2's and the prodigy seems to work there as well pretty good.

I'd say there is a choice you have to make, wether you want a tool for BASE which will work in skydiving as well or a skydiving suit that you can BASE jump as well. If you primarly want a BASE suit, I'd say go with Prodigy. Either one, P1 or P2, you can get your hands one. Both will keep you happy there for long time. They are amazing BASE suits and offer comfort in sketchy exits and tight flights like no other suit in the market. If you want a flocking suit, I'd say go with Phantom etc and accept the fact that you do not have the "perfect" starting suit in BASE. I know there are plenty of people who have done their first WS BASE jumps in bigger suits but personally I think the Prodigy is the tool for the job. Lat summer I flew V1 but still occasionally like to fly the Prodigy, it's just that good of a suit.

Prodigys rule!
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I know that you were specifically asking about the prodigy 2, but I almost have to ask why? The phantom 2 is a fantastic first suit, which we use at Zhills for first flights. I would much rather see someone spend their money on a suit you will use much more successfully!

If you still want a prodigy type suit I also would also have to mention the tony suit intro. The price is less AND he'll buy it back from you and put that money towards your next suit from him!!

edit to add..sorry missed the BASE part of it... I'll punt that one to James then!!

I positively agree with everything Phil said in his post.

Chuck

Glad to see everyone at Z Hills is still drinking the Tony Suit Kool Aid. :D

haha well it's sooooo tasty!

I hope that my opinions are atleast a little objective to you all. You'll note I mentioned the Phantom over the Prodigy (as I believe it is a much much better first suit - as far as sport skydiving goes) before I even touched on the Intro. I was only pointing out 2 similar (full range of arm movement) beginer suits, and I happen to think that the buyback is a pretty damn good deal :)
mmmmmm koolaide!!!