dzjmg

Cut-in Laterals?

The laterals (the part of the harness that goes from the bottom of the container to your hips and connects to the shoulder straps) does not go all the way to the side of the container, but stops an inch or so before the edge. It is supposed to provide a better fit.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

here is some info stolen from the web....

a "cut-in backpad", which has the lateral webbing exiting the backpad closer to the center of the rig, and wrapping around the jumper's waist. This allows for extra comfort, a snug fit and no movement of the rig during high speed
maneuvers.

Pics might be small but hope they give a good idea of what they are....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the "naked" cut-in laterals when I tried them on when they first came out. I also had a friend (skinny guy) who actually cracked a rib because of them.

There are some other designs that work better than the "naked" style, but for most people, IMO, the cut-ins don't do too much.

Some people swear by them, so if they work for you, great!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

I agree with Andyman. For bigger folks it really doesn't make a differnce. At over 6ft 1in and 220 lbs. My Infinity fits just as snug in the waist as any Odyssey I have ever tried on. Little folks like them because the rig usually goes out past there waist and the cut ins make them feel more connected to the container.
Dom

I LOVE my cut in laterals on my new wings. It makes me feel like my rig is constantly 'hugging' me. I am 5'4", petite, and I freefly. Going from a rig that used to move all over the place to this has made flying a lot more enjoyable and a bit less challenging at times. :)