kitof1976

Cocked bridal window.

I recently got a new Wings and I have a concern with the cocked window on the bridle. It seems that the black paint they used to paint the part of the cord that shows through the bridal window when the pilot chute is cocked fades after cocking the pilot chute a few times. So that means that the once off white window is now dirty gray and the once black part of the cord inside the bridle is now sort of gray as well as the part the suppose to show white when not cocked...Everything is freaking gray!!
So the bottom line is that it's really not easy to be sure if I cocked the pilot chute because everything is now gray. I never know if what shows in the window when I do a gear check is faded black or dirty white![:/]
I thought about using a non-toxic black sharpie to color the cord again, but i am a little uneasy to put any kind of chemical compounds on my bridal cord that could weaken the nylon.

Any one faced with the same problem?
Any suggestions to fix the problem?

"We see the world just the way we are...

I have colored mine several times with whatever marker is laying around. I have seen many experienced skydivers do the same. I have never heard of any problems because of it.If it makes you feel better, call or e-mail the manufacturer.----
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

we use sharpies all the time for that. Never heard of a problem -- just make sure you mark the right place on the kill line.

A Sharpie is what I use as well and I have had no problems.

If it degrades the kill line, then oh-well. If the kill line breaks then I'm just stuck with a PC that won't collapse until I replace the spectra.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™