mr_prick

How to mount a wintec wbt-201

ok, so i got me one...
now how do i mount it? how did you guys mount your gps?
and where? helmet or rig?
any hints/help would be appreciated.
preferably with drawings or photos...i'm not so smart.
i was thinking about just glueing a pocket on top of the helmet with some industrial adhesive.
helmet is a rat hat.
thanks in advance!

You can mount it several different ways depending on your preferences. If you have a helmet with exsisting protrac/dytter pockets mounted on the outside of the helmet,those work fine as the 201 is roughly the same size. You can also mount a Neptune bracket to your helmet, like Vidiot has done in the attached pictures easily. I have used it sucessfully inside my helmets Neptune pocket on several occassions if you prefer something more secure.

The 201 gets pretty good reception but its always best to mount any GPS receiver so that it has a clear view of the sky if possible.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

There is just something I find seriously wrong about mounting very small, very expensive pieces of kit on the outside of helmets.

That may change as I become more financially secure:P, but as of now it gives me the heeby jeebys.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There is just something I find seriously wrong about mounting very small, very expensive pieces of kit on the outside of helmets.

That may change as I become more financially secure:P, but as of now it gives me the heeby jeebys.

Look at [ url "http://spidernest.ath.cx/gallery/p81/20060707030_G"]this[/url]. What is wrong with that? Or you can slide it into your ROL pouch and put something over it as a plug like a piece of sock or something similar.

ok.
installed it and it works.
screwed my first 7 flights up by having paralog delete the memory and didn't save it in paralog.
oh well.
now i just took it up for a base jump, 126 meters, 3 sec delay.
paralog doesent record anything obviously, and the track i put into google earth via time machine x looks weird.
exit altitude is right but then it doesent really resemble my jump and stops logging at 68 meters. that is in 3d.
in 2d flight path looks ok but still starts at 126 and ends at 68.it ends exactly where i turned it off though.
any ideas?

ok.
installed it and it works.
screwed my first 7 flights up by having paralog delete the memory and didn't save it in paralog.
oh well.
now i just took it up for a base jump, 126 meters, 3 sec delay.
paralog doesent record anything obviously, and the track i put into google earth via time machine x looks weird.
exit altitude is right but then it doesent really resemble my jump and stops logging at 68 meters. that is in 3d.
in 2d flight path looks ok but still starts at 126 and ends at 68.it ends exactly where i turned it off though.
any ideas?

I am no expert but here are some thoughts.

Are you using the latest version of Time Machine (TM)? They just released a greatly improved rev around end of June and an even newer rev just yesterday.

http://www.wintec.com.tw/en/support_detail.php?cate_id=11&support_id=65

Open up TM and click the HELP button (upper right). You can use most of the settings as explained there.

Under GPS Setting/SBAS, I check "Enable", "Apply Integrity Information", "Apply SBAS...", and "Ranging...". Also, "1 Channel", and "WAAS". (Click "Set" when done.)

Under GPS Setting/Navigation Setting, I select "7 - Airborne under 4g", and, "3 - 3D only". I do not check "Allow Almanac Navigation", but do Enable RAIM. (Click "Set" when done.)

Under Log Setting, Select "Time" button and set Cond 1 for 0 to 2000KMH. and Cond 2 to 1 sec.
(Click "Set" when done.)

Under Device Setting/Track Point be Marked..., I set that to 0.

Note: I haven't installed yesterday's release of TM so some of the above may be wrong.

The Google Earth plots I've been getting look good.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Play like your life depends on it.