mfnren

rigid wings?

...but wouldnt more glide be desirable skydiving as well??

I think that they airplane wingsuit flyers are mostly focused on formations and flocking right now. While more glide would be nice there, too, the only way to achieve better glide for a formation is to focus on improving the flying skills of the entire group, and also bringing up the lowest glide ratio member of the flock. All in all, I'd say that skydivers are probably better served to be practicing and training to improve the bottom end, rather than working on getting an extra 10% glide at the top end, at this point in the development of things.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...As it is, there are very, very few wingsuiters regularly flying their high-end suits anywhere near their maximum potential. I would really like it if the average forward speed would increase on flocks and, consequently, the vertical speed to decrease. ...
Chuck

I agree, while a nice "lazy" flock is fun... I realllly enjoy a high forward speed Flock with 2-4 people. I envision it like you are all fighter pilots crusing at mach whatever and are in a tight formation. I love to get out and get my "high forward speed" 3 minute skydive... I used to think 2 minutes was a long dive...

much love

:ph34r:
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...