KrisFlyZ

What is your arm length?

Yeah, and from what part of the shoulders? Or under your arm-pits?

Do you accept metric values? Or do I have to convert them to your silly outdated American system before submitting them? :ph34r:
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Where are you measuring the arm from(start/finish point)?

Having measured a lot of people for suits, I can honestly say there is a vast difference in heights and arm measurements from person to person. I've measured people as small as a 4'8" female and as large as a guy in the 6' 9"+ range.

As for a middle ground I really don't think there is one unless you consider middle ground the 5'6" to 6' range as thats where most males and females usually fall.

Arm length is as varied as well. Looking at several past order forms I have multiple arm mesurements starting at 70cm all the way up to 82cm. The only numbers I didn't see were 71 and 78. Every other measurement had at least 2-3 people within that numerical range. If I had to pick a median number I would have to say it looks to be in the 75-77cm range.

If you look at Da Vinci's golden ratio or divine proportions on things you will find that there is a proportional balance that can be applied to a human being as well as everything else in the world just about. According to this, the length of a mans outspread arms is equal to his height. However, we all know that some people either have appendages that are either slightly longer or shorter than others so this may not always be an absolute but its pretty damn close.Which is why this is considered to be an "average" or "ideal" interpretation of the human form.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Talking proportions.

I figure there are a number of different proportions that effect wing suit flight characteristics.

Height to body mass ratio
Crotch to toe length/body length
Arm length
Male or female relating to C of G (shoulder hip thing)

Is there amy indication of which is/are the optimum for wingsuiting?

---------------------------------------------
If you don't have wings you will never fly

This is not to determine what bodytype makes for a better flyer.

Just curious if short torso means shorter arms as well. I have a 26.5" inch torso(measured along the body instead of straight down), the arms (as measured for the wingsuit ) end about the same height where the inseam measurement starts.

In other words the arm length equals torso length? approximately? People what to test this out and post your findings here?

Prof, What is your torso length?

Kris.

Height : 6'2"
Armlength: 25"
Kris.

I have just made my order for V-2 and I have exactly the same measurements as you.
Height : 6'2" and Armlength: 25".
I have measured myself according PF measurement guide. They count lenght of the arm from the shoulder to bone of wrist

AFAK most of the lift is coming from the leg wing.

Tall and skinny people are said to be the best wingsuit fliers.

This is not to determine what bodytype makes for a better flyer.

Having said that...how can you say most lift is coming from the legwing? A person with a longer torso than legs will have much more combined arm wing area and thus get more lift from those wings. I have long legs and from a wing area prespective, what you say is true.

For example : My V2 leg wing area is approximately 756 sq inches(including the legs) and the combined arm wing area is 546 sq inches(including arms and leading edge). If we calculated the same for someone with the same dimensions as me but with Kallend size arms...will have 864 sq inch arm wings and a 756 sq inch leg wing.

Kris.

What is your Torso length(body measurement) and Inseam? Just trying to find my body double :D.

Scott, an average small arm length of 70 cm seems big. I compared some small, medium and large size shirts and the arm lengths did not vary that much. I can wear a medium or a large and the arm length is not 6-7cm big.

Kris.

Kris if you need here is my body measurements. It is not a secret :)1. height 189cm
2. chest 104
3 waist 93
4. hip 107
5 shoulder to the floor 158
6 body 77
7 inseam 92
8 shoulder 48
9 arm 64
10 thigh 61
11 bicep 33
12 wrist 18
13 shoe size US 11
14 weight 90 kg
I usually wear XL shirt
Does the way that PF measures differ from Birdmen?

For example : My V2 leg wing area is approximately 756 sq inches(including the legs) and the combined arm wing area is 546 sq inches(including arms and leading edge). If we calculated the same for someone with the same dimensions as me but with Kallend size arms...will have 864 sq inch arm wings and a 756 sq inch leg wing.

So? AFAK you set the your agle of attach by the ratio of the lift generated by the arm and the leg wing.

So you might have bigger arm wing or leg wing area, but it could not be effective.

Prof, What is your torso length?

Kris.

measured between which points?

Sorry, just like it is measured for a wingsuit(from the point where the four seams of the trousers meet to the point where a round neck t-shirt would meet the neck). If I remember correctly, you have long legs and a shorter(relative to legs) torso.

Kris.

Hi,

I think PF has a few extra measurements like body. I am almost exactly like you in measurements. I am 2 cm shorter, my body measurement is 4 inches shorter and the inseam is about 3/4 inch longer. I don't know if my suit would fit you but your suit would fit me.

Kris.