pierre3636

hot sheat acrobatic moves

hi all ~ me and my friends have been working on some acrobatic stuff and was wondering what everybody else is up too and what they call the moves ;)

1 - backfly to head down for 3 sec to belly carve out / second flyer does opposite in proximity (ie. belly to HD to back)
2- one back flyer hand gripped with one belly flyer both barrel roll to original position gripped.
3- belly down both flyers hand gripped, both flyers perform front flip holding the grip, insanely tough since both wings have to be closed (flying into the sunset :)4 - back fly and belly fly do a hand grip, back fly pilot does barrel roll to back fly while other pilot moves to his other side and take the hand grip in same orientation as starting move but on the other side.
5 - both pilots fly belly down hand grip break the grip, one flyer barrel rolls other flyer front flips back to hand grip

These are works in progress can't wait to send footage as soon as we can stick it all, or half of it. Taking the grips is the tough part obviously... but if you think about flying vertically or head down there you have the same problem in the beginning when you learn to fly down the tube and try to take grips. Flying straight isnt the problem its being able to stop very close to the grip to setup, setup and take the grip. Im trying to think about it in freeflying terms but now the higher vertical speed is transformed into greater horizontal speed (and obviously the constraints of a suit!) Like i said work in progress...

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Talk to Omar (OmarPR on the forum). He is quite literally writing the book on it. He and some of the guys at Z-Hills have been doing a lot of interesting stuff. :)
Actually, I have an Acro on order myself. B|
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Why re-invent the wheel? Call moves what they are already known as in the skydiving world.

1- This is an Eagle

2- This sounds like a flower

3- This one sounds like a fruitloop but I'm leaning towards impossible.

4&5- Pick any of the RW transition or piece moves names for these 2
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I especially like that "acrobatic" stuff you and your canopy do right before you arch, look, handles, right, left...

Hehehehe, sounds sweet though bro! Would love see some footage.

See you Sunday, flocker! ;)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

eagle and flower it is...impossible ... nothing is impossible ;) (as i post this i hear a voice saying FAMOUS LAST WORDS) haha i must be honest that move is feeling pretty impossibleB| 4 & 5 ill go with piece moves i dont know any RW names or moves only done feeflying and WS up to this point of my skydiving career

haha i must be honest that move is feeling pretty impossible

Maintaining the grip through out the entire move is the hard part, be it on the hand or other jumpers wing tip gripper IMO.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I' glad more people are showing interest in acrobatics.
We (team O zone) and team Fly Like Brick have done some of those tricks if not close to them. Check out our websites theozone.tv and flylikebrick.com. Like I said before (in my acrobatic wingsuit review post):

The eagle begins already head down so the eagle and the gravitron are not exatly the same. There is some variation.

I didn't know what an eagle or a half eagle was until the gravitron came up. I also learned what an Immelman was which is also a similar move performed in airplane acrobatics. I think as in freeflying and aviation, wingsuit acrobatics should have their own names for their own manouvers. The same way it has been done in surfing,skateboarding,snowboarding,BMX, supercross,etc. Of course the are some obvious exeptions like the barrel roll and the front loop, etc.

1- Gavitron
2- Scary Roll (named after Scary Perry, the firt person I know to try this). Team Fly Like Brick calls it the Double Whammy.
3-5 I haven't tried. If you thought of it first (or think you did), pulled off the planned trick and got it on video or photo (sequence) before anyone else, I think you deserve the right to "re-invent the wheel" and name it whatever you want to name it. If we did not re-invent the wheel (in skydiving), we would be falling straight down not gliding. Don't let anyone tell you something is impossible. I was told Gravitrons were impossible when I first talked about it. Now many of my buddies love doing them.

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

cool by the pool ! checking your site now, just though of something which we could also try (ill do solo first though - mid gavitron (so in the head down part) doing a front flip and then continue with the carve out... im stoked it FRI ;)

ps nothing is impossible

Nice! I will try that one as well. A few weeks ago Matt 'the111' and I did something like it, but instead of a front flip it was a barrel roll. We call it the Gravitron-with-a-twist. Practice your tricks and get them on video. I would love to see it and include it on our website if that is ok with you.

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

The gravitron is the only move Omar and I can do very consistently and with a constant ~3 feet separation usually.

Watch the very end of this video, and also this video at 7:32 and 8:52 for some gravitron footage. The one at 7:32 is split-screen and shows both perspectives. Both videos are also on Omar's site.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

yeah will do - will be travelling abit in the next 2 weeks but will get on video and try and get it to you ! would be sick to get it on your site. I tried the gavitron flip 2twice this weekend... one ended with a bit of a flat spin the second was sketchy but i think i can call it B| the second try was initiated from a belly down (which i found easier since its the way your rotation is going already...

pls explain the:

Rotor (dynamic roll)
Cork screw
Roller coaster
Passenger Transfer