voodew1

2006 big wingsuit events

What are the plans for the year

Flock and Dock and Russia will take the biggest and best by far.

Freefall Convention and Holiday Boogie seem to be losing the wingsuit flyers from those I talked to that went

What might be really good events to hit this year?
And I am not really talking about 'hey I will be at XXX DZ on this date'

Dublin?

San Marcos Halloween Casa Boogie should have at least 6 flyers and we will be working to try and spice up the attendance.

What others are planned that will be pretty good size events???

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I'm sure Dublin would be fun, but I doubt there are going to be many WS there... and it's short notice.

Flock n dock - I'll be there
Russia - Now accepting donations
I'll probaby head to WFFC for a weekend since it's close.

I'm not sure, is anything happening at SkyFest?

What about the key's boogie?

I wish the Herc boogie was happening this yr. [:/]

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Sorry forgot about Skyfest --- I know of at least 8 of us that are going -- they have fixed the mud problems of last year and we did have a ball.

Who else might come to Skyfest ---
any of the Birdman reps?
You should probably come out in force as the Phoenix-Fly reps will be there for sure

Lots of air craft for the event including tailgates and balloons

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I anticipate that there will be at least 15 accomplished wingsuiters at Dublin to fly with. We (BirdMan) will have demos there and at least four BMI's milling around, but I am going to the boogie to work tandems and won't be the primary POC. That's going to be either Tammy or Gimp.

I would like to make SkyFest again, but am unsure what my schedule is right now. I think it will be a much better boogie this year. A HUGE plus will be the fact that they have a paved runway there now. It was impossible for an out-of-towner to get and maintain a lock on the dropzone in flight last year with all the thunderclouds and the nondescript terrain below.

Couch Freaks Dollar Days Boogie in Fort Dodge, IA over Labor Day is one of the biggest boogies in the midwest. Skydive Arizona brings up 4 or 5 of its fleet and it draws about 500 jumpers. Last year there was a small group of wingsuits (7 or 8) including ScaryPerry. It would be real nice to see a much larger flock this year. Wingsuits are still fairly new here but there is a lot of growing interest in them, so we should have several more birds by then. Perhaps some of you southern birds can fly north for a change. It would also be nice to have lots of demo suits for people to try and a great opportunity for BMI's or PFI's to bring new birds into the flock as well as.