helldog

I Need to learn how to Pro-Pack

Ive recently purchased my own gear and am learning how to pro pack it at the drop zone. The problem is every one does it a little different and the drop zone is only open on the weekend. At this rate it'll be forever before i learn well enough to do it by myself. Does anyone have a link to a site that has a good discription of how to propack so i can practice at home????

Blue Skies
Jim

This might be able to help some, but I personally think that the best way to learn to pack is hands on instruction.

I too found that everyone has thier own little ways of making packing easier, and I am just trying to incoporate the best of them into my packing.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Ask those people why they pack in that fashion and whether it should apply to your canopy. I think you'll find that most of those differences don't matter for you. Go out to jump for the weekend. Then each time you jump ask someone to look over your pack job. Ask them if they would jump it. If they say yes then jump. Pay attention to how it opens, too fast, off heading, whatever...and tell the next person who watches over your packing. By the end of the day you probably won't need anyone to watch over you anymore.

Enjoy.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I know what you mean, i've had lots of people show me to pack, and all a little different. I finally had to stick to one method and get better at it. I can finally get my 150sf canopy in the d-bag made for a 135. I thought i'd never be able to do it. I still have a hard time with the first stow, but the only thing that helps is practice. Do your own pack jobs on the weekend, just watching does not help at all. When you get stuck, ask someone, there is almost always someone willing to help you out.

Good luck!
Angela.

That is a great link Im already getting better at it thanks

B|
Jim

if there's anything on that tutorial that you're not sure of, feel free to email me right through the site...
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?