mccordia

Hercules Boogie 2006...

Most people found a sad e-mail in their in-box the past few days.

The Hercules Boogie 2006 has been canceled. Basically because of lack of Hercules. This could very well have been the biggest wingsuit boogie ever (filling up a complete herc load with birdman would have been a bomb, especially with the rising skill-levels in terms of formation flying that we've seen the past year)
There might be a boogie in 2007....but for 2006.....no such thing...quite sad to here...and then again...a bit fitting.

Adrian Nicholas was for a large part the key person at the Boogie in the years before, delivering wonderful speeches, tips in Combat/Kung-Fu style Hercules Exits, and lessons in the humorous Swedish language...

With him gone, the boogie would have felt empty...no longer a white &green jumpsuit carving around the bigways..no longer his smile all over the DZ the entire day...and no chance to ever flock with the man who flew alongside Patrick Deug. as modern wingsuiting was born..
The Hercules Boogie will never be the same...

Lets hope we may see a new, but different Hercules Boogie in 2007....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

why dont we get a flock on somewhere else?We have some time...mabe a boogie in Russia? I think they can provide the lift power we need,and they are all about bringing wingsuits into the picture!!!Lets work on this....kolomna or Stupino?Come on pilots, lets toast a friend lost and carry his spirit to the next event...as i know he would be dissapointed if we didnt keep the fire burning he helped to start when ws was sport death!!!!!
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Perry and I will be organizing what we hope will be one of the largest wingsuit boogies to date. With the Herc Boogie postponed until further notice, we hope to pick up the slack and host this event in Kolomna Russia. The tenative dates are to be announce soon but late July will be the month. Traveling to Russia is easier than most realize. You can't beat the prices of jumps, food or lodging there. Perry and I will assist those that would like to attend from the U.S. More info to come soon!
B.J. Alexander

Traveling to Russia is easier than most realize. You can't beat the prices of jumps, food or lodging there. Perry and I will assist those that would like to attend from the U.S. More info to come soon!
B.J. Alexander

- 6 to 8 euro jump-prices
- Tailgate Antanov28 (I think they have 2?)
- MI8 choppers
- Vodka

This thing could rock everyones brains out...
I'd sure as hell would try and be there...jumped in russia before....the thought of a big-ass wingsuit festival there makes me all wet and horny! I'd definately try and make it to Russia again!!!!

Who else wants to join in...? Make it the biggest one ever...:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Traveling to Russia is easier than most realize.

Have they changed the visa process in the last year or two?

Last time I tried to travel to Russia was about 2 years ago, for a BASE event. I was unable to obtain a visa (despite flying to Washington DC to stand in line at the Russian embassy) and ended up losing a thousand bucks or so in non-refundable airline tickets.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The visa process is a matter of filling out the visa form completely and sending it to the Russian Consulate General's office assigned to the geographical area in which you live in. Along with the visa application you submit two passport type photos, the processing fees, the supplemental questionaire, a copy of your invitation and your current passport. A prepaid fedx return envelope will give your passport a safe return home. Your passport will be returned with your visa attatched. Anyone can PM me and I will send you a properly completed form so you may use it as an example. It will include locations and other info that will be acceptable to the Consulate. I can also assist in this process and help in obtaining your required invitaion at no charge. Your invitation and visa will cost you. This is something that should be done early so that there won't be any dissapointmnets
B.J. Alexander

It gives us 10 months to save, schedule and prepare. Perry and I have friends in Russia that will provide transportation to the dz from the Moscow airport and also to the hotels at the end of the day. Hotel rooms in Kolomna cost about one third of what the hotels charge in the U.S.

I'm curious what those in the EU think about it too.

I think the Espace Boogie WITH the AN72 would be a damn sight easier (and I've been to Russia...twice). Maybe not as cheap, but for all round convenience,,,
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Perry and I are currently working on dates, agenda etc. As soon as we get things nailed down (soon) we will make this information available for everyone. We're already getting an overwhelming response from flyers all over. I am putting together easy to follow instructions on how to obtain a Russian Visa. It will show web addresses and instructions on the paper work for those who aren't familiar with this simple process. We will also make it easy to travel to and from the dz using our designated guides. Sounds expensive but actually it's not! As I stated before it's easy to get the visa but it's something that you won't want to wait until the last minute to get. The invitation cost $29 and the visa application fee for a 30 day tourist Visa is $100. "Worth the effort and cost" If you're interested in this information please PM me.