cateT

GS1 LAUNCH PARTY INVITE

We will be celebrating the launch of our new company - jii-wings, our new wingsuit - the Glide System 1 - and our website (at long last!)

Anybody who is in Cape Town and would like to join us for champagne (or whatever blows your hair back;)) and a drool - please do!
Thursday 7th July from 6pm at our studio.

Call me - Cate - 021 425 3675 for directions

edited subject to say - its an invitation!

The website will only be live on thursday, and all the changes, features, options, and lots more pics will be revealed then.
I see that you will be flying Paul's SugarGlider at Skyfest (I hope it fits you!) have a blast!
I know the pic is very small (that was deliberate) but see if you can spot a major change....:ph34r:

That reminds me I need to get ahold of Paul and make sure we're still on. I noticed the zippers and the half ribs, and also that it seems the suit is now a multiwing design instead of monowing, and there appears to be something coming down the back of the leg, maybe a really long rear deflector.

I've already jumped Paul's suit once, and had a really good time with it, it fits OK. I was really wanting to get it for skyfest so other people could get a taste of it, and just to increase the variety and vibe at the boogie.

Can't wait for the new website. Thanks for the info.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Is that at Citrusdal? I believe a legend was born when a single un-named Aussie out drank all you Sth Africans there way back in the mid-80's. Hardly a need for a re-match, as I'm sure there's still no chance he can be beaten. ;)

Blue Skies,

fergs
BMCI

Hye Cate,

Sorry I wont be able to make it, will be thinking of you guys. BTW, the attached pic looks very similar to my prototype suit, I thought it was a pic of me for a second!!

Out of interest I have been gathering GPS data for my old SG. I am getting a 1.7 to 2.0 glide ratio which is *much* better that anything I was getting in my S3 (although this is probably a reflection of my skill in the S3).

I can easily believe that good pilots will get glide ratios of around 3.0 in SG's. If the new suit is even better.....

Forward speed is very variable depending on wind, technique, fatigue etc etc. I dont think I have near enough data to make a proper assessment but taking an average over a couple of runs in a couple of directions and comparing to my S3 runs forward speeds are not too different between the suits. Put another way, the SG isnt as slow as people think.

Simon

Ahhh...

So near and yet so far! Taya and I wish you the very best from our perch at 5000ft ASL in Johannesburg!

t

Agreed, best of luck with the new venture guys! Now can we have a demo up at JSC please? ;):):D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky