dragon2

RSL for wingsuit jumps?

Good post Ed. Better yet Matt, try flying with one hand on/by your handle and the other arm in normal flight. Its not as hard as your think;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Good post Ed. Better yet Matt, try flying with one hand on/by your handle and the other arm in normal flight. Its not as hard as your think;)

Yeh, I know. Once I was flying near somebody on his back and trying to take a dock on his foot. I was a little too far behind him and we had to break off but I really wanted that dock, so my body overrode my mind and my left hand just reached forward 2 feet and took the dock. I then realized that my right hand was still in a normal flying position, and I was still flying good. B|

Thanks for the input guys. I'm famous for thinking too hard. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Try flying your suit next time with your hands on ALL YOUR HANDLES, in pulling simulation, and learn to do it well. :)

Hey Ed,

I've got the lqrs thingi on my suit so I have a total of 4 cutaways and a reserve... where do I pick up the extra hands?

Here's a silly question... but I was never taught this in my BM course.

Exactly what movements would you use to deploy your reserve from terminal? Assume some sort of high speed mal that doesn't require chop, or you already have chopped and are terminal again. You're flying straight and steady, good forward speed, and need to pull silver. What do you do?

I'm guessing - close legs. Bring both hands to chest, collapsing arm wings. Now, do you just pull silver with your left hand, or do you need to move both arms the same, as with a normal pull. I'm thinking it's not as important as a normal pull since the wings are closed, but it might still be nice to stay symmetric.

Thoughts please. :)

Cancer Chris Ware has done exactly that. He wasn't able to get his normal deployment handle at Z-hills (at flock and dock if I remember correctly).

I very nearly had to chop at terminal one time at the Mardi Gras boogie because I neglected to cock the pilot chute on the demo main I was jumping (a Blade 98 I think). Arch HARD collapsing your leg wing, keep your head up, bring both hands in symetrically, and perform your EP's. Not a big deal. Even trailing a collapsed PC (which eventually opened the main after some vigorous "wiggling").

If you have any doubts as to whether you will be able to maintain heading during such a maneuver, just do some full-flight cutaway drills on your next wingsuit flight.

Chuck

Chuck

I've got the lqrs thingi on my suit so I have a total of 4 cutaways and a reserve... where do I pick up the extra hands?

Is this an attempt at humor Kevin? :P

All the save your ass handles.;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

what do you think a RSL would have done in that nasty spinning mal you had while in your BM suit (I think it was at Eloy Holiday Boogie)?

Since I was directly above him and witnessed the whole thing and as I am sure he will tell you, an RSL wouldn't have helped 1 bit in that situation. The main couldn't be cut away due to riser twists locking the cutaway cable in place, so an RSL is a non issue in that inccident.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I guess I asked my question wrong. I know the RSL would not have helped with the pull force needed due to the riser twist. However, I was wondering how the RSL would have effected the situation after the chop.