sunnerl

NEED HELP TO FIND THE RIGHT CANOPY; PLEASE!

;) Hey skydivers - need help!

I wanna get a 135 sqf canopy. elliptical. forgiving. nice.
The problem is I jump an Atom 0 with an 170 merit in it and I don't wanna change my beloved rig! I tried to pack a NITRO 135 in it and the canopy was even nearly to big! A Nitro 120 would fit perfect in my container. But as I started looking for a USED Nitro I realized - there is not one for sale... (cause I even like the flying of the nitro very much) now my question: IS THERE AN OHTER CANOPY THAT PACKS THAT BIG THAT A NITRO DOES? I got a very good deal for a heatwave 135 - does anybody know how that packs? cause I cant tell - I would buy it from an other continent - so i cant try!! I jump an Atom Classic 0.

Please help! Thanks a lot and keep on flying!!!
barbara/austria:)

thanks for the answer...

"forgiving" just in that way that there are different ellipticals on the market. i know the nitro 135 and i like it a lot - i just cant buy one used.

NO MERIT AGAIN! their openings are tooo hard, i dont like them.. no, everything but not a merit again.

I don't make a that big step. I jumped 135 and I dont load a 150 proper. I have enough jumps and enough experience to jump it. but some days there is wind - thats a problem. I'm to light. I just still have the 170, but do not wanna fly it because it collapsed (not loaded).

but is there a canopy that packs that big than a nitro? thats the info i need. about everything else i informed myself really good and tried enough.

thanks

Things like Airlocks and Crossbraces add a lot to the pack volume. Airlocks add between 5-7% to the pack volume and Crossbraces add about 10-12%

You might want to look at a Samurai or a Lotus if you have the experience. A Lotus would probally be the best bet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi there,

When I started jumping with a Nitro, I was told that Nitro-size does not compare 1:1 with other canopies' sizes, meaning that a Nitro 135 flies a lot like a 150 from other brands.

And I don't think you should buy a canopy without being able to test-fly at least the type. The two of you will be spendinng a lot of time together ;)

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)