always

Linked Exits

Hey,

So, we've been playing around with linking our exits, sort of, off the Cessna.

The goal is to be "right there" when leaving and then get going with the skydive instead of going out and corralling everybody.

We've got a large step on our C-182. We get three out (we've done 4way bird freeflown exits). The center does the count and holds with two hands. Inside has his right hand on the center's left shoulder. Same for the outside except it's his left hand on the right shoulder. We are all dragging a foot to make room on the step.

Ready, Set, Fly!

The wingers inflate as the center does too. It's all been pretty easy so far, surreal in fact, as we inflate and cheer "cacaw, cacaw"B|

The center's job is to inflate slowly of course. Also, we came up with the following as a rule for exits. If on exit there is no one in front of you, then do a two second count before inflating. Anyone in front of you, do a one second count. This way if there is separation or the exit goes a bit funky we should be okay.

The hand on the pack improves our timing immensely. We were all flat flyers in our previous skydiving lives ;) and were used to doing these kind of float exits.

BTW, we all jump Classic IIs.

What do you all think? Questions/comments/queries?

Cacaw! Cacaw!

Alwaysa Rodriguez

Nick, I thought you were talking about linked exits, with grips, like we do off of ramps (CASAs and Skyvans). I regularly run out the back of ramp planes holding hands and throwing perfect gainers with others. It's great fun and pretty hard to screw up. You can easily poise off a Cessna with grips as well.

Mono Uno Rodriguez

CaCAW! CaCAW!

Chuck, Jay, Bodypilot1

Yeah, I guess my definition of linked is a little loose. ;) It's more like a touch grip. You don't really need to actually grip anything.

Don't know how to take a 3way linked off the Cessna...Can't imagine the center float holding hands with inside and outside and staying on the step. LOL Whoopsie!

We'll try grabbing center's hands while he's holding the strut. I suspect the pucker factor will go up astronomically and result in some interesting folding of launches.

We did consider sewing grippers near the wing cutaway handles. But, couldn't come up with an agreed thickness for them. Just kidding! :D;)

caCAW! caCAW!

Alwaysa

Can't imagine the center float holding hands with inside and outside and staying on the step

Use your teeth man or better yet, hook your chin over the strut. Do it for the team;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Place grips on the side of the knee. Use a cutaway pillow shape but first sew a 1" wide piece of binding tape on the inside of the suit where the pillow is to be sewn on the outside. This will reinforce the area underneath the grip. A grip sewn at the knee will allow the dock-ee to make tail adjustments without interference from the dock-er. A dissimilar color from your wing cutaway handle may be considered for obvious reasons.

Can't imagine the center float holding hands with inside and outside and staying on the step

Use your teeth man or better yet, hook your chin over the strut. Do it for the team;)

I've done that taking a bipole off a 182....stand up and push against the wing with your head/neck/shoulders....then take your grips....it's pretty funky...and likely would be pretty difficult with the extra drag of the wingsuit.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey