cpoxon

Nice 3-way sunset chopper jump at Herc Boogie

Fordy, Andy Scott and myself had a nice 3-way sunset jump from a Bell Jet Ranger last night. Attached are some snaps. Nice 60 seconds+ from 7000 feet down to 3000 and tracking right over the top of the dz from some good visuals for those on the ground who weren't in the bar! What is really nice apart from the chopper, the view, the sunset and the fun is that the jumps are organised by a local club outside of the boogie, and with the mass Hercules drops finished for the days and very few canopies in the air, swooping is allowed :-D

See the attached photos. Thanks to Per for agreeing to get off with us to keep the balance right for the pilot!

406 is Mr Ford doing a cheeky little flyby whilst I'm under canopy (0.3x lens) and 408 is him looking rather pleased with himself afterwards.

We are now jumping again after a weather hold, and for those of you who are wondering when I'm going to shut up and jump, I'm on load 34 in about an hour and a half!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Nice one. What the hell is up with that very-busy face shield on the one guy? Ugh.

I was thinking the same thing. Must be a challenge to see out of all that at times. My question is "why?"
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Guys name is Andy, and he can keep formation like a Blue Angel despite the completely out of proportion dedication to his sponsors.

Admit it. You'd wear the goofy shield if you could be here B|

MonoUno, several people have asked me with trepidation what a Skymonkey is, and that they have heard of them. I tell them that I could enlighten them, but then I'd have to kill them. When they hear my accent they think I mean it.

Vierd.

;)

Very cool pics, Craig. Some day I'll be at that level. :)

Nice 60 seconds+ from 7000 feet down to 3000

OK, now I don't feel so bad. I've been getting 65-70 seconds from 10,000 to 5000, give or take, in a Classic 1.

Just seeing those pics, wow, gotta get more air time in!

Thanks!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Guys name is Andy, and he can keep formation like a Blue Angel despite the completely out of proportion dedication to his sponsors.

I flew with fordy earlier this year here in Perris I would have teased him more over that helmet than his porkchops had he been sporting it then.

It's no different than a ringsight on a camera helmet, it's so close to your face you don't really see it...
and in photo's it makes a great flying advert.. will see if poxon the computer geek will help me get some pic's of the 17 way we flew this morning... beautiful.

:)
Fordy

Monkey, Andy lent the helmet to his buddy Andy, who's wearing all the adverts. He flies wing on me on my right when I'm rabbit, which is all I'm good for with this astounding crew.

Fordy got out of the RAF ealier this year and is doing the full time rigging-video god-skydiver thing.

He still has the Kirk-chops thing going. The other Andy don't.