piisfish

Anybody jumped from a paraglider ??

So, did anybody try that already ??
due to my low experience (and no experience in BASE jumping) will not try it this year, but have the possibility to do 800m jumps this summer.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

one guy does it on the soul flyers video

which edition do you have ?? Ii didnt have a wingsuit jumping from a paraglider in mine :P
the reason why I posted the thread here is because I know that people do jump from paragliders, I know many who did it.
But did anyone do it with a wingsuit ??
Apparently there is a video posted somewhere, will try and catch it.
Edited to add : Yes there is a thread with a video... but I have a black screen, will try and download a more up to date version of windows media player... In teh meantime, can anybody tell me if we see the exit ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I have already jumped from a paraglider with a wingsuit.

Paraglider was an Advance Bi Beta Tandem, I jumped with a FOX 285 and Vertex 2, Wingsuit was a BirdMan GTi.

Search for a steeper starting place, because it is hard to run with the suit (Booties closed!). I hung to the Tandem via my 3-Rings and a sling on each side, but without a passenger harness - because you can't close the paraglider harness leg straps. So I hung a little bit higher than usual - to start earlier to fly than the tandem pilot. The leg zippers were closed, but the arm zippers open for the start. Additional I had attached two small ropes with a short ladder on the end, so after the start I can stand in this ladder. After the start I stepped into this small ladder and with this the forces on the 3-Rings are nearly zero - and stand quite comfortable leaning back to the pilot's harness. After a while I closed my arm zippers, and the pilot released the sling from my 3-Rings, so that I was free to jump.

For the jump just try to step out head up - if you try to jump away you may go head down or even on your back very fast...

Sorry I have no pictures here at work, but can deliver some next week.

One of the first I have heard doing this was Stane, he made a demonstration flight at Bregenzerwald Cup (Austria) in January 2003 or earlier...

Regards,

Herwig