LouDiamond

Birdman specific D bag

I have posted pictures of my Birdman specific D bag made by Jump Shack HERE

The D bag is constructed to fit both the width and height of the pack tray in the grommet up position. Line stows are situated on the D bag so they rest against the back of the pack tray when placed in the pack tray. No rotation is needed, the bag is placed straight in with the bridle on top. Note the corners on the bottom of the packtray. This will allow the D bag to be pulled smoothly out of the pack tray without tumbling or twisting. This configuration can be used for Birdman and normal freefall/freefly skydives. No changes to the way you pack are required.The main parachute is placed inside the D bag as usual. It is actually easier to get the canopy into the D bag and close than a normal D bag. Closing the main pack tray is also easier and may require you to shorten your closing loop.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

just a quick question, i know that dbags are suposed to be container specific but coul d one "retrfit" an existing container with this dbag? it's a moot point for me as i'm gona get a racer in a month or two but just wondering....

A bag could be built for a container as long as the dimensions were provided. Since you're getting another Racer you can ask for the Birdman D bag or if you're getting a used one can call and have them make you a bag. It shouldn't be a problem.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I would be worried pre-mature bag opening, or line dump.(am I seeing that right?)

I think you are looking at it wrong. Lines are systematically unstowed just like normal when deployed. There are 2 locking stows to keep the bag closed. IMO, there is less chance of any of the above happening since the bag is placed straight into the container without rotating so you know your lines are still neatly stowed. It comes out in reverse order that it was placed into the container and there is a noticeable differnece in the way the canopy deploys on Birdman flights. If you have old or the wrong size rubber bands on any D bag the possibility for line dump is present.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING