crawford

Arm position for deployment, Question!!!

I have noticed that there are some wingsuit flyers that bring their non-deploying arm to their chest during P/C throw out. Can anyone tell me an advantage/disadvantage to doing this as opposed to taking it back to the side of the container? I have noticed (*By being a dork and putting my suit on) that this would be a little more stable during deployment. Not sure, but hope to at least try it this way very soon. I have had some issues with barrel rolling in the past and this seems like it might cure some of that.
Any imput would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Ditto. Doing it that way is far more difficult and I can see far more things going wrong doing it that way from closing the wings down and on the actual throw and subsequent deployment. Use the K.I.S.S.(Keep it simple stupid) method and you won't have any deployment issues and or mals.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Knabe (posting on the french forum) does it like that.
That is not the way I have been taught, it looks very "napoleonian" and I wouldn't want to try it.
With the technique I have been taught in a Fly your Body approved school, it seems to me the upper body can get straighter much easier than with one arm in front one arm back
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Watched it again and again, slow motion rewind etc...
You're right, Loic has a position for deployment which is not very "standard", but he is LOIC :P
watched again on Crosswind too,
actually he "closes" a little his left wing, slightly closes the legs... but he has hours of flight, and it is the suit he designed for himself.
and on Soul Flyers, they warn you not to try this at home B|B|B|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks everyone for the input. I know that I can come up with some dumb ass questions, but hey, I just have to clear crap up before I kill myself in the air. AND I just love posting on here with my flockin' Brotheren. Thanks everyone! Steve

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"