lazyfrog

just ordered mine...

we are passing a big order to Loic in our club... actually nearly 10 suits... will be a great flock.
Anybody has special advice on what to do/not do with this suit ???

is that matter airwear or the other company? I get them confused. Why did you decide to go with that suit over birdman? Just curious.

no it's not the matter suit... the matter is apparently a kind of a copy of the salomon... decided to go with the salomon because of :
-non US product... (even if birdman is partly european)
-Loic and his girlfriend are friends of people I know
-price is good
-more practical
-I want to go to Reunion island to fly with Loic :P
-the soulflyer video is killer
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

no it's not the matter suit... the matter is apparently a kind of a copy of the salomon... decided to go with the salomon because of :
-non US product... (even if birdman is partly european)
-Loic and his girlfriend are friends of people I know
-price is good
-more practical
-I want to go to Reunion island to fly with Loic :P
-the soulflyer video is killer

So let me get this straight, you made the decision because :

1) It's a non-us product (okay that logic is somewhat understandable with car purchases, not sure about wingsuits) but i'll give you that one..

2) Loic and his G/F are friends.. okay supporting friends that kinda goes along with #1, but okay

3) Price is good - okay another understandable deciding factor, price is always an issue

4) More practical: How so? Not sure I really follow that unless you mean "they have them in stock" or something, not sure

5) "I want to go to Reunion island to fly with Loic :P" Is having one of these suits the price of admission?

6) the video is killer: yes, the pieces i've seen are very awesome however this is why you're choosing this suit over another?

I can't comment on this suit, I've never touched it flown it or have any other experience with it other than Lou's review on a simlar design. I can't say for sure, but based on what i've read I really don't see how it is a superior product to birdman. Loic is a bad ass flyer, of course the suit is going to look good when he's flying it.

I know the birdman line has been "tried and tested" they are quality products and do perform, i don't work for birdman and it is the only line of suits i've jumped so far.

Anyway, keep us posted - take plenty of pics, would love to hear your review.

1) It's a non-us product (okay that logic is somewhat understandable with car purchases, not sure about wingsuits) but i'll give you that one..

4) More practical: How so? Not sure I really follow that unless you mean "they have them in stock" or something, not sure

5) "I want to go to Reunion island to fly with Loic :P" Is having one of these suits the price of admission?

6) the video is killer: yes, the pieces i've seen are very awesome however this is why you're choosing this suit over another?

I can't say for sure, but based on what i've read I really don't see how it is a superior product to birdman. Loic is a bad ass flyer, of course the suit is going to look good when he's flying it.

I know the birdman line has been "tried and tested" they are quality products and do perform, i don't work for birdman and it is the only line of suits i've jumped so far.

Anyway, keep us posted - take plenty of pics, would love to hear your review.

1/ we are having always more problems with the US, in europe we are thinking about building a big wall around the US to protect them :P
4/apparently easier to get in/out and to get the rig on it (basically no need to have a rig dedicated to it if you want to do several types of jumps in the same day)
5/like that I can have coaching with THE person who can fly it
6/it's the only reason to get the wingsuit... I want to BE Loic :S:P;)
He sure can fly anything real good. Not everyone with a suit will fly like him. But he also has real nice footage on a Birdman.
I know BM suits are already tested, qualified, quantified etc... but I like to see different things, not only in DZ's. I am against totalitarism, domination etc... Just think about it... Some brands are everywhere. Very hard to find anything else. If you have anything else you are strange. This is COMMUNISM
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------

4/apparently easier to get in/out and to get the rig on it (basically no need to have a rig dedicated to it if you want to do several types of jumps in the same day)

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you ready my write up of the Matter suit. While I know Loics version is slightly different in some aspects the one thing I am sure of that is not different is the donning process. Unless they have drastically altered the front of the suit, getting into it is a bitch. As for rigging it up to a container, there are more zippers, loops & cables,snaps and screw links that need to be fastened just to put it on the container than a Birdman suit. It's not hard to do or anything but it's more involved and has more parts.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

well the people I know who tried both said it was easier...

Granted, peoples perceptions of difficulty vary. Be sure to get back to us and let us know what you think on both the donning and the rigging of Loic's suit. Have you flown a Birdman suit yet?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

didn't really have time to try... always jumping FF and doing some videos for students... and the guys with the suits are either not there or flying them... but we'll fix a date on which I can try one of them...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------

didn't really have time to try... always jumping FF and doing some videos for students... and the guys with the suits are either not there or flying them... but we'll fix a date on which I can try one of them...

but you're still getting the soloman right?