Christoph

Attitude between flyers

The last days I read a lot about Felix, the most of it was´nt very charming for him. I never met this man, but I thing what he did is very impressing. Could it be that some people are just upset that he got all the puplic?
After I did the first ram air wingsuitjumps from 1988 to 1994, Patric started the same thing, a little better promoted.
After I did the first skyrayjumps in 1999, Felix started the same thing, also a little better promoted.
But you know what, I dont care. What I did was for myself. Some people know that it was kind of pioneer stuff, most did´nt reconised.
When you start doing something new, be sure not running after glory. If you dont do it for yourself and the pure fun of flying you having the wrong goals. On the other hand there are a lot of people needing this puplic, which is ok for them; I´m happy not being one of them.
Christoph

I think there is a bit of jealousy that Felix is getting so much attention and he gets to play around with things like the Channel crossing for a living. Mainly though I think people don't like his attitude, the face he's putting on skydiving and the fact that some of the information he puts out there seems a bit 'dubious'.

If you dont do it for yourself and the pure fun of flying you having the wrong goals.

I couldn't agree more.

If you'd like to share them I'd love to hear some stories about your early experiements with ram air wings suits.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I don't have a big problem with him other than he seems to be making claims and touting claims that are less than true - the "lowest base jump ever" claim I hear is incorrect. I also understand that he "stole" the skyray design for this project? The designer of the skyray posted something about it the other day..

Anyway i'd love to fly with the guy sometime - hope he isn't full of himself.

An outside view of Felix.

http://www.ofhills.com/archives/2003_08_06.php

But, I actually have a few other thoughts on this, and they are stimulated by some BASE jumpers and skydivers themselves. A lot of them don't care for Felix at all! They think he's an arrogant asshole who's in bed with his sponsor Red Bull (the stuff that gives you wings, dontcha know) who fund all kinds of outlandish stunts that give BASE jumping and skydiving a bad name.

:ph34r:

I think most of us prefer people who do stuff as opposed to those who talk about doing stuff.

I think your humility is fantastic. Most people would be angry/jelous that this dude took "your" idea and ran with it.

Personally, I think he's a bit of a pipe/that his ad agency promotes him as a bit of a pipe.

I think the Channel crossing was a great stunt, and that it promoted skydiving.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Personally I have not heard anything bad about Felix's stunt and i really I don't want to hear that either. I think that he did a fantastic job flying over the channel with his glider. That was a stunt and a personal journey into human flight we all should have nothing but two thumbs up for him. Congratulations Felix, fly baby fly!!!
J
Jari

"Hey, don't be afraid, ever. Because, it's just a ride."

People are different, and driven by different things. Some will always be offended by somethings, and this will differ from time to time, and people to people. Some like to play in the underground, and are happy with that, some are pioneers, and some are able to make a living from being in the public. Good or bad? Right or wrong? I don't know, but as long as we feel good about ourselves, and most people are happy, then it should be ok. I remember seeing Christoph flying his ram-air at Eloy in '93. Nice! I remember meeting Patrick when he'd just startet wingflying. Nice! I remember the first time I met Jari. Nice! They all had the same glow in their eyes. People on a mission. I've seen that same thing in so many people in skydiving. This could make for a very long list, and I'm sure Felix is fueled by a similar fire, though I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, yet. Until then, I do not have enough information to judge him.

Could it be that some people are just upset that he got all the puplic?

Im sure if Felix just had did just abit thinking,then he could have done it by respect from most of us.But when he promot himself as he did,and some of the info might aint all that true,then his getting alot of disrespect from the rest of us.

read what Tom said about him here http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=203101;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
i dont know tom personaly,but as i have seen on the board and by the answeres ive got(sorry for all thouse Q´s Tom;)) i know that this guy is a nice guy that normaly dont talk bad about anyone... read the above again.

Its also funny that Felix(as i know off)havnt explained any of this on the boards,and im pretty sure he reads them...

I think Felix is creating his own problems,even while some of the things he has done might are impressive... He has too big a mouth,which he dont have the control off..;):)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber