TomAiello

Norway Flight Videos

Howdy all,

I'm taking an hour break from jumping in Norway to hop on a friend's DSL line and post a few new videos that I've edited in the last week or so.

Check out Petter Bergsjoe--he's an amazing flyer:

Smellvegen to Lysebotn

Crossing Lysefjord

Sorry for the low quality--I've only got so much space on my web page. I'll see if I can send higher quality copies to Jari and get him to put them up on the bird-man web page.

Have fun!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Norway now? I think you must have been a bank robber in your former life ;).

I can't get on to look at the vids, get a timeout error :(.

Safe flights dude, have fun and keep posting more video.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

The load appears to be too much for my poor little personal web page. If you can't get it there, try the skydivingmovies.com ftp server. I'm uploading three videos, McCutaway (my cutaway), Smell (a rather impressive wingsuit flight--not by me, as I fly like a brick anvil) and Lysefjord (another wingsuit flight).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Generally, the jumps that do that (double jumps) are non-wingsuit.

Most of the wingsuit flights just overfly the landing and re-exit zone and keep going.

I saw a good double slider-down in Southern Norway a few weeks ago, and there is a rather nice double slider up in South Africa--but since Outrager overflew it, all the locals have bought wingsuits to turn it into one big flight.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

That's funny. I got that weird error message back, so I've started the uplaod again. Maybe the second copy will have sound?

On my machine, the sound plays fine. If the second one has no sound, I'll try to encode it differently (divx gives me some weird issues, which I thought I had worked out, but I used it because of the size/quality calculus).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I did wonder if I was doing anything silly, and I still might be, but I checked the file with GSpot and for the Audio Codec it says "No Audio Channels". 11 people have downloaded it so far. Anybody else?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'll re-upload the files with audio.

Craig, can you leave the divx files up on SM.com as well? The quality of the video is better, and since I believe the original impetus was Kris' desire to evaluate the glide angle that he'll need to make the flights himself, having better quality video will be useful to folks who want to do that.

Matt, the files were originally posted several years ago, so I bet you've got them from then. They somehow got lost off the SM.com server along the way.

I'm adding straight raw footage of each flight at the end of each video, for those who want to see it in real time, without editing, camera angles, etc to confuse the picture. That ought to help for folks wanting to think about the mechanics of the flights and glide angles, too.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I believe the original impetus was Kris' desire to evaluate the glide angle that he'll need to make the flights himself,

Tom,
That is only partially correct :P.

Unfortunately, I cannot jump from Smell*. Its mostly to do with the water. This year's Norway trip for me is about tracking(possibly Prodigy from Kjerag), practicing running exits and just a whole lot of trekking and breathing some mountain air.

*2.4 Glide Ratio is arriving at the Bar at the ITW at 500m. If I am able to consistently do that someday, I will think about Smell.

Kris.

edited to remove " having better quality video will be useful to folks who want to do that." from the quoted part.

Its mostly to do with the water.

Kris

There is water everywhere in the Lysefjord. Kjerags landing area is large, but not always hit.
If you cannot swim, if that the case, I'd suggest having the boat there at all times when you are jumping or have a flaotation device of some kind when jumping Kjerag.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

If you cannot swim, if that the case, I'd suggest having the boat there at all times when you are jumping or have a flaotation device of some kind when jumping Kjerag.

According to the rules of SBK ("Basic rules for B.A.S.E. Jumping at Kjerag") "Before and during jumping from Kjerag and Smellveggen there must be a boat present into the fjord." So there always is a boat in the fjord, just in case somebody wants to take a quick dip to the refreshing water. :)
http://www.ufufreefly.com

According to the rules of SBK ("Basic rules for B.A.S.E. Jumping at Kjerag") "Before and during jumping from Kjerag and Smellveggen there must be a boat present into the fjord." So there always is a boat in the fjord, just in case somebody wants to take a quick dip to the refreshing water. :)

That is comforting. I am starting swimming lessons today. It is pretty stupid that I haven't learn't it yet anyway.

Kris.

Good to know. :)It wasn't a rule when I was there in 97-98, or maybe it was and somebody fucked up. :D

Be safe
Ed

It is pretty stupid that I haven't learn't it yet anyway.

It's not stupid, you'd be suprised at how many people can't swim. Some people just aren't near water enough to want to learn.
Relax when you do Kris, it will be much easier. :)

Be safe
Ed