bjornufknu

cut away leg-wings (LQRS) on birdman wingsuit?

I´m in the process of ordering a S3, and I do not know if I will order the Leg Quick Release System (LQRS) or not. Have anyone really needed to cut away your leg-wing (on a skydive, NOT a BASE jump)?? The people I have talked too, says I dont need it if i dont do BASE jumps. What do you think?
d.d.s.

Definitely get the LQRS. It comes in handy and ups the value quite a bit if you ever decide to sell it (especially if the buyer is a BASE jumper).

I lost a bootie (on the same side as my LQRS) after a front loop. No big deal to keep flying like that, but I found that when I went to unzip the leg, there was too much slack to get the tension needed to pull the zipper open, and I had to pull the LQRS. This is more of an issue if you swoop/land downwind, which I usually do.

The LQRS came in handy on this last reserve ride, as well. I was in a situation where I really needed to work to get back to the DZ under my reserve, and definitely didn't have time to get either leg open, and just went for the LQRS. This would also be the story if you BASEd it, if you aren't willing to waddle your landings out, or if you are in a crappy landing area.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click