blair700

Vengence main for Birdman jumps

I do not have any jumps on a Vengence, but I know from experience that the Cobalt loaded at 1.8 gives me excellent openings everytime, but the canopy is P/C Sensitive, No more than a 24" or it will whack the hell out of you. I went to this canopy for the birdman for the simple reason that it gives me slow, on heading openings everytime!!! Hope this helps

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

None,but have jumped my Crossfire99 at a wingload 2,06 on my Birdman Classic,never having any problems.But again,consider the fact of flying a Eliptic canopi and fly Wingsuit at the same time.It can bring you in big trouble

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

First of all, I have never jumped a Vengeance, so take this that in mind. What I have understood, they are not too much praised about their opening characteristics. They seem to require quite much riser and harness steering during opening, and have quite a long snivel, which may not be things you want from a wingsuit canopy. But as it says in the BM-manual, high performance canopies are not recommended for wingsuit use for the apparent reason, but still we use them.

Vesa
BMI
FX79

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

I can't say that I have ever seen anyone jumping a Vengeance with a wingsuit. Still, as someone who used to own one (a 97 which was too big), I wouldn't have hesitated to jump that one with my suit. Problem is, nearly ever other Vengeance I have personally seen (other than Tony Thacker's) opens in a dive to either the left or right. That being said, if YOUR'S is one that does that, then I would not recommend it. If it's a straight opening one, then don't sweat it.

Chuck

Supposedly, they are about 50/50. PD is aware of it, and from what I've heard, is happy to exchange Vengeances in the event that you got one of those that doesn't open on heading. Vengeance is what I'm considering for my next canopy, even with a wingsuit. I have all the mods, and feel pretty comfy with stopping twists, at least to a certain degree, by grabbing just the lower part of thr risers I can reach next to my ears.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click