nicknitro71

GTi vs. Skyflyer

I own both and can tell you they are VERY different. A SkyFlyer is a squirelly sonofabitch until you get your "smoothness" down. The smallest little move translates into a much bigger move than when you are flying a GTi or Classic. This is ESPECIALLY evident with the leg wing which is much longer/larger than the other suits. Most people with low wingsuit numbers find themselves "fishtailing" in a SkyFlyer initially. Once you have the suit mastered, though, you can fly circles around people in the smaller suits. Actually, the best way to describe it is that when you are all flocking together, someone in a Skyflyer can pop "hard wings" and just fly away from you; up, up, and away, or just accellerate straight ahead of you like you are standing still.

A very good GTi flyer can still outfly a novice SkyFlyer jumper, but around here, we swap off on occasion just to stay well rounded.

Chuck

I own both and can tell you they are VERY different. A SkyFlyer is a squirelly sonofabitch until you get your "smoothness" down. The smallest little move translates into a much bigger move than when you are flying a GTi or Classic. This is ESPECIALLY evident with the leg wing which is much longer/larger than the other suits. Most people with low wingsuit numbers find themselves "fishtailing" in a SkyFlyer initially. Once you have the suit mastered, though, you can fly circles around people in the smaller suits. Actually, the best way to describe it is that when you are all flocking together, someone in a Skyflyer can pop "hard wings" and just fly away from you; up, up, and away, or just accellerate straight ahead of you like you are standing still.

A very good GTi flyer can still outfly a novice SkyFlyer jumper, but around here, we swap off on occasion just to stay well rounded.

Chuck

okay, well while you are at it -- since im sure you know about the classic as well, what is the main diff b/w it and the gti?? i am now on my 9th week :( of waiting for my gti..

The biggest difference I can tell in flight between a GTi and a classic is in how much energy it takes to fly it. A GTi is quite a bit harder on the arms. I have a buddy, Bobby Pritchard, who has absolutely no problem staying up with an intermediate experienced wingsuit flyer in a SkyFlyer. He has sustained 24 MPH in his classic, but has only slowed my skyflyer down to around 40mph sustained.

sustained 24mph in a classic! wow. Think I got to 32, but my usual was around 40-50. Can't wait to get back to start flying again... No jumping for 7 months hurts (in afghanistan)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

no no, he is correct... Bobby is a tall lanky guy and has over 200 bird jumps... this guy is forreal If he based kerjag, bet he would get a minute plus...
His skydives are over 3 min long when he tries.........
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...