leroydb

Landing a wing suit

I am sure this is an old idea but...
How about flying your wing suit in a dive then flair for max lift to get as slow as possible... To fly into a wind tunnel that is tilted at an angle?
Le Roy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Probably been beaten to death, dug op and beaten to death a hundred times more, but something I was wondering was, would it be possible to have a fast moving truck, with someone in a birdsuit standing on the back, hooked to a line. And (when the speed of the car is fast enough) use the relative wind to fly a birdmansuit kinda like a human kite..?

Just an idiots mind wondering off...sorry..:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I heard there's a video on ftp.skydivingmovies.com showing Felix Baumgartner in a wingsuit being towed by an aeroplane

I've seen that one quite some time ago, and it wasn't pretty. When Felix exited the plane, he started spinning so bad the attachment to the plane ripped a piece of the fuselage completely appart, and Felix had to cut-away...
I don't know if it was turbulence from the plane, Felix' flying abileties, faulty rigging or just a f*ckup..

Anyways, since there where stories on Patric working on taking off with a wingsuit I'm real curious if a human-kite/fast sailplane kinda-liftoff would work with a wingsuit...

A piece of desert would seem like a better place to try then the freeway though :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Why not behind a boat on the water? Kind of like para sailing. I would thing that if anything got funky early the water might make for a softer landing than dirt.

Granted after a certain point it doesn't matter and the water is just as hard as concrete.

J
YSD#0009