skytash

I bought beer last night

after Martin top-docked me and then attempted on a couple of occasion to dock me, but I was too scared to let go of my toggles to grab the topskin sliding down my back :$. I now know just to let them go and grab the canopy quickly and will give that a go next time.

Thanks to the CRW-dogs and -doggets at Langar!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Welcome Tash,
Yea, you have to drop the toggles to take a dock. And when you take a dock use more than just a finger and thumb to grab the canopyB| you won't hurt it.
A new world is opening for you, congratulations!
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

after Martin top-docked me and then attempted on a couple of occasion to dock me, but I was too scared to let go of my toggles to grab the topskin sliding down my back :$. I now know just to let them go and grab the canopy quickly and will give that a go next time.

Thanks to the CRW-dogs and -doggets at Langar!

tash

Hey Tash - welcome to the world of CRW! Hope to jump with you sometime soon.

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)

I now know just to let them go and grab the canopy quickly and will give that a go next time.

Make sure you remember the part about "letting go". There's nothing worse than reaching down for a canopy with a toggle still in your hand. :o The violent spins will remind you that it was a bad idea.;)

Kevin

You're welcome - it was fun! B|

Just a shame about the weather cos it would have been good to do a couple more, look forward to next time...

And Plastic - yup I realised afterwards I should have mentioned foot-takes, so we watched the Russian DVD in the bar for some tips (on taking dockings that is, not 300' canopy transfers and paradactyl reserves!)

Cheers, and welcome to CRW!
Martin

and I bought more last night - got my CF1!! B|

For the non-brits its another one of those sticker things we collect in our licences and means I am no longer a CF novice. To do that, I had to spot and pilot a 4-stack and everyone had to land on the DZ we took off from as well as dock 4th on a 4-stack.

On my 5th CRW jump ever PD docked fifth, turned 'round underneath and filmed us all while I was learning quite how hard (or not!) to pull toggles while steering a 4-stack.

Thanks to Martin, Plastic, Karen & PD for a great day yesterday and then the offset docks this morning just to make sure I learn as much as I can while I'm still eager to!

I had one of the best week-ends at the dropzone and most of the beer was drunk by others.

:)
tash

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe