leapdog

custom shoes?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website that you can design you own shoe. as if they gave you a starting point and you colored it. I have notied some jumpers with shoes that look like vans but don't have a van logo on them they have a custom logo and colors that look as if they picked them to match their jump suit or rig or canopy.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

While I fail to see what this has to do with CRW, I can see it's your first post... ;)

Maybe "General Skydiving Discussions" or "The Bonfire" forums will yield the answers you seek... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

While I fail to see what this has to do with CRW, I can see it's your first post... ;)

Maybe "General Skydiving Discussions" or "The Bonfire" forums will yield the answers you seek... :P

Considering some of the shoe Nazis I've seen doing CRW, I tend to think that this does belong here.:P

While I fail to see what this has to do with CRW, I can see it's your first post...

Maybe "General Skydiving Discussions" or "The Bonfire" forums will yield the answers you seek...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering some of the shoe Nazis I've seen doing CRW, I tend to think that this does belong here.

Thanks for the welcome everyone:P. I thought that since the real snobs were doing RW freefall, I would post here. :ph34r:

By the way, I will be at Maytown on the 21st. The 22nd I take my oral practical for senior rigger with Dave Dewolf. I don't have my own lightening yet. :( but if someone was willing to let me use one I would love to get some learning jumps. I have taken a training camp for beginning CRW jumpers with Frank Fowler, and jumped with him four times this past weekend trying to learn run backs and rot's.

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Thats cool of you Chuck, you guys will be great fun for him to be around.

He is light on a 143 at 1.29, fun to jump with and really into learning CRW, a pleasure to teach.

Can see from this thread that he's gotten a true "welcome" to CRW also, lol. Kinda thing only CRW Dogs can relate to!

Thanks guys! I'll be there on the 22nd. Not sure what time.

I guess my first question will go unanswered.

I've seen enough plummetting shoes during CRW.

CRW itself seems to have special shoe requirements and I've spent more time talking about shoes with CRW dogs than with high heeled girly girls.

I bought a pair of high top converse for CRW. I held out until I found a pair that was black rubber, with red tops -- haven't seen another pair like them. Which has lead to two conversations in CRW circles (one of which is appropriate here):

High tops or low tops? Some folks go for shoes that they can kick off if they get wrapped. Others go for shoes that are going to stay with them and have as few snag points as possible. Opinions?
CRW Diva #9
D-25905

I
High tops or low tops? Some folks go for shoes that they can kick off if they get wrapped. Others go for shoes that are going to stay with them and have as few snag points as possible. Opinions?

Definitely removable shoes. I've saved several cutaways via removable shoes, and I've seen a bunch of cases where it can save ankles because its a lot easier to kick stuff off of a smooth foot than a shoe...

Only 2 weeks ago a friend kicked off his shoe to get a tangled canopy off of his foot. If he couldn't have gotten his shoes off he probably couldn't have gotten it off his ankle.

W

this s good to talk about, for newbies to learn about. I was really asking because I wanted some cool looking shoes.

See all you had to do was say your a pup and everyone would take care of you. Thats what I love about CReW were our own little screwed up family.

As for your shoe question what kinda shoe are you looking for. If it's for CReW I usually wear my converse all stars as there is nothing on them that could snag a line or hurt the canopy.

CSA #699 Muff #3804