remko

2005 Canopy Formation World Record Announcement

The following is a copy-paste from http://www.cfworldrecord.com. Be there or be square :-)

2005 Canopy Formation World Record

We are pleased to announce we will be organizing the next Canopy Formation World Record.
This formation will be an 81 way diamond

Please visit our website, in January, for more specific information
Please send questions to : [email protected] or contact your regional contact / organizer

Place: Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales, Florida U.S.A.
Date: Saturday November 20th – Saturday November 26th 2005

Organizers:
Chris J. Gay
Mike Lewis
Dave Richardson
Mark Gregory
Christophe Balisky

Contacts:
Chris J. Gay or Dave Richardson (USA contacts)
[email protected] [email protected]

Christophe Balisky (European contact)
[email protected]

Dave Richardson ( Event coordinator – Contact for all other countries) [email protected]

Web Site: www.CFWorldRecord.com

Email: [email protected]

Yes it is invitation only, you can't just show up and tag along. But, they are recruiting.

If you attend some of the big-way camps, for example the one in may, and show some decent flying, they might just let you in (If you ask politely). If not this year, maybe next time.

If you really like this stuff, and my stomach starts feeling all weird when I even think about it, get with the project! Of course there is a lot of flying skill required but mostly being part of a big formations is about discipline (like don't reel in a locker when you are a wing ;) ). Pay attention to what is expected from you and do it.

Those big-ways look extremely complicated to engineer and they are, but we don't have to worry about all that. The organizers will take care of the details and they did an excellent job two years ago. All you need to do is follow their instructions meticulously.

Let's not forget, we do this for a hobby, because we love the sport and want to share the joy. The 2003 objective was to let all the people into the WR, not to drop the weaker attendants and go for the biggest formation technically possible. That is the beauty of events like these, we have to compete together, not against each other. You are needed.

Get an appetite at cluebox.org/~remko/writings/big-way_dock.html or http://www.dqnt.com/LowWingThing.htm and http://www.normankent.com/CRW2Gallery/ for pictures.

Greetings,
Remko

--
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation.

Of course there is a lot of flying skill required but mostly being part of a big formations is about discipline (like don't reel in a locker when you are a wing ).

point taken, be sure to pass that comment to chris gay next time you see him!B|

regards
plastic

I've never jumped with Christophe Balinsky or Mark Gregory so I can't comment on them, but I've jumped with Chris Gay, Mike Lewis & Dave Richardson. If anyone of the three of them are at Empuriabrava, your friend is in for the best CRW experience of his/her life. They are all incredible organizers and pilots.

To clear up some confusion about an earlier post.
In this i made a comment and mentioned chris gay by name, this was a light hearted comment but it has been pointed out to me that this could be taken the wrong way.
This comment was in no way intended as an insult or having a dig at chris and i apologise if it seems that way.
I have and continue to have the utmost respect for chris as a crw jumper, he is also a good guy as well.
In future i shall refrain from making comments about people by name.
regards
mark

Now that I know it is supposed to be a joke I think it is a pretty darn good one! B| Can't believe I missed it, I even know you are a britt :D Watch the whales!

--
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation.

2005 Canopy Formation World Record

Place: Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales, Florida U.S.A.
Date: Saturday November 20th – Saturday November 26th 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------

...the checkin day is Sat 19th
Nov...we will start jumping on Sun 20th Nov and will
have through the following Sat scheduled as a jump day
as well.
-slasher-

If you can go to the PD site it does show RETAIL prices (approx 1400-1500), many PD dealers do give some degree of discount (20% to 25%) Last I recall the estimated wait is about 16 weeks or so but I guess that can fluctuate.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pd.asp

You can direct an inquiry to Rusty Vest if you would like to have his expertise on what trim, etc is most recommended for todays larger CRW Camps, etc.

Quite often there are Lightnings for sale and are announced through an email list of CRW Dogs, they sell quickly especially when they are in very good shape. If you'd ever like to hear about those just send and email to [email protected]

The moderator of this forum and many of the CRW Dogs that post here are also willing to help if you need it too.

Regards,
Eliz...