dsbbreck

Rigging courses

Want to get my riggers ticket this winter. I'd like to find a course somewhere. Any Ideas from the riggers out there as to a good course somewhere?
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

De Wolf's course is good. I went thru it in January. The other major course in the area is at Skydive Chicago the last week of February. I think if you called up Para-concepts at SDC they could give you some specific information about their course.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Kirk at Skydive Chicago runs one a couple times a year. Better if you get a head start, but even if you don't, in a week you'll probably be done. He is also a DPRE.
Write [email protected] for information.
I went through the course, and I feel well trained as a new rigger (I only rig for myself and a few friends).
Troy
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

Here's another vote for Kirks course at Skydive Chicago. He's an awesome teacher and it's so convenient that he's also the DPRE. I think he was planning on having a course in November and one in February. Check it out.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Isn't anybody holding a course somewhere warm? 

Yes, Jump Shack in DeLand, FL. I looked at the different courses when I wanted to get my riggers ticket and wondered if the manufactures taught rigging. I called all of the top manufactures and only Jump Shack said yes. They are great people to work with and another great part is it is FREE. The other thing that I like is that I could learn at my pace and take as long as I wanted. After getting my ticket I was able to go to most of the other manufactures in the DeLand and ZHills area and pick up their factory tips and establish contacts. With the exception of two manufactures I found everyone to be very helpful. So come on down, learn a lot and use the money you save for tools and jump tickets!!!

Kirk administered my exam, although I did not take the course from him. The test was fair and thorough, don't know when he's holding a course but it wouldn't hurt to ask. [email protected]

The next course at Skydive Chicago is November 1st thru 8th. There is one at the tail end of March as well. For info go to www.para-concepts.com, or call 815-434-6094.