sunnydee123

FIRST CROSS COUNTRIES...

Well since I had a taste of the CReW bug, I have been anxious to play more in the sky with my canopy. Had the opp this weekend when some pals asked me to join on the cross country jumps. We went about 3 miles out the first time (and were back at the DZ by 8,000) and played lots of "chase...good fun! Second jump we were thinking we were 5 miles out but ended up only 4 so got back to DZ in plenty of time again and our 4 way split into some 2-way chase......Had a blast! Didn't do any bumping but flew close enough to "hoot and holler" before the chasing started again. Man I love this stuff!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

You should ask QTPi about the CC jump we did a couple weeks ago. We basically exited over campus, about 8 miles away.
CC jumps are fun! Even more fun when you toss some CReW in there.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well I was willing to fly closer then some.....and surprised my pal by pulling a turn and settling in on his level within hollering distance. It was great fun, I told him I would turn left and he went right but we flew together, side by side over the river for a good 5 minutes or so....Sebastian is a SAWEET place to do CC at ......................and it was just about sunset. How's the gang doing back in Aggieland?

Most delightful. After almost three decades of CRW, a cross country flight at sunrise/set remains way up there in most memorable flights.

Now make it a solo flight, add a sky full of stately, white cumulus clouds (always maintaining adequate clearances, of course) and you got yourself a breathtaking, lifetime memory.

Blue Skies,

Michael

Well I was willing to fly closer then some.....and surprised my pal by pulling a turn and settling in on his level within hollering distance. It was great fun, I told him I would turn left and he went right but we flew together, side by side over the river for a good 5 minutes or so....Sebastian is a SAWEET place to do CC at ......................and it was just about sunset. How's the gang doing back in Aggieland?

Would love to fly my canopy in and around the clouds (as close as allowed of course) with a long time CReW dogand just enjoy the sights. The high canopy enjoyment has only just begun and it has left such an impression, it is an experience that will only grow as time passes. I love the excitement of freefall but also love being under canopy....now that I've done that from 13,500............*deep sigh*...........I can't wait until next time.

Wish I had a D # like yours....:P......any clue who has D#1? I might have to put on my private eye hat ;)

A relatively low D just means I'm old, darlin. Take your higher number and keep your youth.

Michael

Would love to fly my canopy in and around the clouds (as close as allowed of course) with a long time CReW dogand just enjoy the sights. The high canopy enjoyment has only just begun and it has left such an impression, it is an experience that will only grow as time passes. I love the excitement of freefall but also love being under canopy....now that I've done that from 13,500............*deep sigh*...........I can't wait until next time.

Wish I had a D # like yours....:P......any clue who has D#1? I might have to put on my private eye hat ;)

One of my favorite jumps ever was the last jump I did with a buddy before the army shipped him out of Texas.

We did a sunset cross-country, a nice 3-stack, gorgeous clouds and sunset, had a nice refreshing - soda - and then turned it into a dragplane right on top of the dz at the end. It was awesome.
W

SHAWEEEEET! Yeah, I have been really focusing on my free flying but after the AWESOME break this weekend and playing under canopy with 3 other pals.....Man it gets harder and harder to decide which way to go......

Plenty of time....gonna enjoy it all, as long as I can!

Didn't do any bumping but flew close enough to "hoot and holler" before the chasing started again!

Sunni - So close to actually climbing around on a canopy..... yet so far - you definitely need to get someone to take you up in a 2-way ending in a downplane. I took a friend for his first on Saturday - stack/plane/sidebyside/downplane. Made my day. Alas, I'm in Minnesota or I'd gladly help you. And then there is also very fast 4-way to learn, and wingsuits, and hybrid diving, and...... So many ways to skydive, such little time.

Mike - remember when a hot canopy was a Maverick or a Clipper. Then every jump ended in a downplane (and I'm only 36).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sunni - So close to actually climbing around on a canopy..... yet so far - you definitely need to get someone to take you up in a 2-way ending in a downplane.

She did at Summer Jam held at Skydive Aggieland back in June. Catfish (a long time CReW dog in Houston) took her up and they did that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Isn't it fun?! I love flying up to someone and getting up to that "hoot and holla'" distance. I like it even more when I find someone who doesn't ming a little canopy play..... Follow the leader, grabbing one anothers pilot chutes with yor feet, walking across the top of someones canopy, and even laying a dock on some one! Couple of weeks ago had the pleasure of enjoying the sunset over SkyDance with a good friend in a 2 stack! (Of course the total square footage was less than our smallest student canopy at the DZ, but what the heck!) :ph34r::ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yup yup...it's good stuff for sure and I am hoping to get more pals in on it from time to time. Ya know....some old"er" dawgs to take the new"er" dawg for some rides and REALLY suck me in (as if I am not already).......Where is Keith MacBeth when ya want him :$...come home soon youngen - I wanna play! ;)