narcimund

CRW in NW?

Ok, we've docked and now we're hooked.

I've always thought freefall was nice and all, and I've had some fun RW jumps, but opening high always makes my heart pump. Now I've got something to do beyond sightseeing for those ten minutes!

This weekend we got three good intro CRW jumps in (thanks Crash!) and if freefall and RW become illegal tomorrow, I don't think I'd mind.

Question: any other crw activity in Oregon or Washington?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

We have a couple of current CReW world record holders at my home DZ. Just ask anybody at Kapowsin about Vern Bates and Ken Smith there some of the best on the west coast. I look to start doing CReW with them in another 70 or so jumps.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Kapowsin has a lot of CRWdogs at the dropzone.
W

Very true at one time, but alas no more. There are 5 or 6 us still, but the 16+ way pickup dive weekends are a thing of the past.

That said, I'm doing everything I can to encourage a comeback. Stay tuned...

Bob

There's been CRW activity of one sort or another at Kapowsin, Richland, and Molalla that I'm aware of. PM me if you'd like to wrap at Kapow some time. Scott Petersen (homer) may be able to help for Richland and I believe Jim Straight (not on dropzone.com to my knowledge, but I can forward e-mail) has (had?) a rotation team at Molalla.

Bob

Whew! 11 CRW jumps this weekend at Eugene Skydivers. And nobody got hurt! This was my best weekend of skydiving I can ever remember.

Now we just have to get some real CRW equipment. This semi-elliptical CRW is a bit scary.

Ok, we've docked and now we're hooked.

..., but opening high always makes my heart pump. Now I've got something to do beyond sightseeing for those ten minutes!

In freefall your heart can pump strong for 60sec and maybe >2 min under the pocket rocket. With
CReW your heart can POUND for 10 min at a time.
..mike
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

We have a couple of current CReW world record holders at my home DZ. Just ask anybody at Kapowsin about Vern Bates and Ken Smith there some of the best on the west coast. I look to start doing CReW with them in another 70 or so jumps

ones good --- :S ones insane...........:ph34r:
course.......that makes him hard to distinguish from the other............LOL
why are you waiting another 70 jumps?

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Semi- elliptical scary crew, right...

Get a cross-braced and jump with somebody wearing inappropriate shoes/boots. I had a "traumatic" experience that started that way once.
Be sure to wear shoes you can kick off if you have to.

I have done some mild stiletto crew since then, but swooping is where it's at for me.

Semi- elliptical scary crew, right...
Get a cross-braced and jump with somebody wearing inappropriate shoes/boots. I had a "traumatic" experience that started that way once.
Be sure to wear shoes you can kick off if you have to.
I have done some mild stiletto crew since then, but swooping is where it's at for me.

***> I have a cross braced, but no thanks anyways, I have visions of what could happen dancing in front of my eyes......uuhhhhh, just cause I am nosy, what happened?

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

There's been CRW activity of one sort or another at Kapowsin, Richland, and Molalla that I'm aware of. PM me if you'd like to wrap at Kapow some time. Scott Petersen (homer) may be able to help for Richland and I believe Jim Straight (not on dropzone.com to my knowledge, but I can forward e-mail) has (had?) a rotation team at Molalla.

Bob

Jims team is no more for now. We lost a member and were looking for a new one but were unable to find one then well Yadda Yaada Yaada. You know how it goes. So for this year it doesn't look good. I think we are down 2 and down video. Their are still some very interested people but just not this year. I wish we could.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

Whew! 11 CRW jumps this weekend at Eugene Skydivers. And nobody got hurt! This was my best weekend of skydiving I can ever remember.

Now we just have to get some real CRW equipment. This semi-elliptical CRW is a bit scary.

Were you at are camp we had down their last year? My team might be able to help you out with the gear. I'm not to sure how they would feal about not being wiht it when you use it. how many of their are you? I would recomend not doing "eliptical, semi, or x braced" I have done it and do do it but when things go wrong they go real wrong.
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

Nope, we haven't been to any CRW events yet. It's all been just the two of us and our mentor.

We would LOVE to find others in the area to jump with and we both need real CRW gear. Anything you can do to help would be great.

You should have came to are camp when we were down their. we put out alot of good info. We were also looking for a forth all day on saterday and could not find one. Lee had his best rotation ever. I will let the guys know you are interested. Now that Lee is better if you are wanting to come up here at some point I'm sure we can get you bouth into a 4 or 5 way rotation. I know Lee has at least a spare 135 and I think he has a 120 hybred also. Are you bouth comfortable landing a 135 or 120? What do you bouth weigh? You could maby car pool with diveout. I'll let you know what they say and also when we are planing on getting together again. Even though we are not training we get together from time to time. And with two more it might be more offten.
P.S.
I just looked at your profile and it says you are from portland. Is their any reason you don't jump at SDO? I don't remember you. Do I know you?