billo

thanksgiving crw record attempt?

has anyone heard any confirmations regarding the camp in FL this past week? i just got home from the weekend and had a voice mail from a friend down there saying the 50 way built...

3 days later and still no posts in our forum regarding this? anyone have any "official" word???? *crossing fingers*

woof! B|
b

No official word, but there are a few jumpers from my DZ there, and they posted(on my DZs forum) yesterday that they had built a 56-way that was held for 30 seconds.

It's not a world record though, since they have no FAI-judges and the participants don't all have FAI-licenses.

An attempt for a 64-way was foiled by clouds.

saying the 50 way built...

The first attempt at a 50-way was on Friday morning. The formation was completed, except for one grip: Row 7 right wing was never locked down. The guy who was flying row 7 right wing was skilled enough to hang out there unlocked for the duration of this formation, but this lack of grip voided the 50-way formation's validity for record status.

A couple hours later, the next attempt went together without a problem and this set the US record. 3 more successful 50-way formations were created on Friday. Some people remained in the formation and some were moved out to make room for people who hadn't been in the big-way yet, By the end of the day 84 people had been in at least one of the 5 50-way formations.

Saturday morning there was a new goal: to create a 56-way box. This one built quite smoothly on the first try and was held for about 35 seconds before it was broken down via starburst.

The next goal was a 64-way diamond. The base was going together smoothly and a total of 46 people were in their slots by approx 7,500 ft AGL, at which time a break-it-down call came about because of unexpected bad weather / turbulence. We were hoping to have another shot at this 64-way on Sunday morning, but low cloud layer prevented us from going up. Maybe next year :)
So the official US record is now 56-way.
Another accomplishment this week was a 2-point 25-way diamond. The week in Lake Wales was great fun and very educational. I met & learned from some impressive international canopy flyers.

Chris Warnock

I have a buddy who is in Florida for a side by side 49 way diamonds record was this also at LW or somewhere else?

We did side-by-side 25-ways last spring in Sebastian. We did consecutive 50-way diamonds in Lake Wales. Definitely no side-by-side 49ways tho :-)

Chris was a STUD! He was the point of the 25-way diamond and dockig on my left leg. I was getting to my slot quickly and smoothly, but before I could even take a cool breath of self-congratulation, Chris was right there with a sweet, controlled dock ...every time! You ain't a puppy no more, Chris.

Michael
D-6139

saying the 50 way built...

The first attempt at a 50-way was on Friday morning. The formation was completed, except for one grip: Row 7 right wing was never locked down. The guy who was flying row 7 right wing was skilled enough to hang out there unlocked for the duration of this formation, but this lack of grip voided the 50-way formation's validity for record status.

A couple hours later, the next attempt went together without a problem and this set the US record. 3 more successful 50-way formations were created on Friday. Some people remained in the formation and some were moved out to make room for people who hadn't been in the big-way yet, By the end of the day 84 people had been in at least one of the 5 50-way formations.

Saturday morning there was a new goal: to create a 56-way box. This one built quite smoothly on the first try and was held for about 35 seconds before it was broken down via starburst.

The next goal was a 64-way diamond. The base was going together smoothly and a total of 46 people were in their slots by approx 7,500 ft AGL, at which time a break-it-down call came about because of unexpected bad weather / turbulence. We were hoping to have another shot at this 64-way on Sunday morning, but low cloud layer prevented us from going up. Maybe next year :)
So the official US record is now 56-way.
Another accomplishment this week was a 2-point 25-way diamond. The week in Lake Wales was great fun and very educational. I met & learned from some impressive international canopy flyers.

Chris Warnock

>got this link to pics on rec.dot
>
>http://digital.net/bryan/bry17.html

So where are the pics now?:(

Well that's a good question. Idunno, Bryan's page may have gotten more traffic than expected. I did find some other pictures online, however: Norman Kent posted a gallery of his 56-way photos on his page:

http://www.normankent.com/CRW%20Gallery/index.htm

Chris Warnock