ojf1982

Sequential & Rotational

Can someone explain the two. I have already read and heard about these terms but I do not know what they mean.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

Sequential is like RW - you're given a sequence of points to turn (some with pieces) and you do them as often as possible in a given length of time.

Rotation is more of a pure speed event - you build a 4-stack and have the top guy leave and dock on the bottom as many times as possible.

W

We got up a pretty good pace doing rotations last weekend from a three stack. I don't have the finesse of this down at all but I could muscle my way through it. I found that I could bleed off the final bit of momentum by warping the hell out of my canopy as I got to the bottom. Mine is a paraflite 185 circus tent (1:1) so I can really only get the technicality of a warp on there. So, from more experienced people, is this a good method?

-Doug
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

We got up a pretty good pace doing rotations last weekend from a three stack. I don't have the finesse of this down at all but I could muscle my way through it. I found that I could bleed off the final bit of momentum by warping the hell out of my canopy as I got to the bottom. Mine is a paraflite 185 circus tent (1:1) so I can really only get the technicality of a warp on there. So, from more experienced people, is this a good method?
-Doug

I've always found to do what works for you. Especially if you're not on a CRW team with matched, equivalently-loaded canopies, everyone is going to be different. I tend to come down the back, pop up at the end on rear risers, then kill it with a touch of fronts. But what works for you will vary depending on whether you're heavy or light or fast or slow so especially when you're not all on identical canopies, keep experimenting until you get something that's repeatable and quick.

W

Yeah, I'm kinda conservative when coming off the top. I'm still not used to cranking that first turn back into the stack. It takes me a few sashays to get back in correctly. Then again, maybe I suck.:D

Shark
CCS-1242

A hard, quick sashay out and in and an ...authoritative dock is pretty damn satisfying. For heart pounding jungle love, however, rotes over the top, slicing through the burble, slapping tail all the way down is thrilling.

A few quick tips for this:

-no trailing pilot chutes

-when receiving the dock don't look up and back (unless you figure broken necks will be in style soon). Keep your head tucked in and your arms and legs spread out.

-wear kevlar.

Michael

just jumped at the world cup and got the chance to get some coaching of the french. they fly on brakes most of the time to help slow the stack and give it some lift makes the rotor much quicker and easier on the arms. also if coming in to hot a couple of quick stabs on your brakes will kill off some forward speed

>:(pull hi fly low