Kelly

Musts of CRW

since this is a new forum and this is only the introduction of what we hope to be a heavily debated subject, I think we should state the musts of CRW.
from what ive been told (correct me if im wrong)

~disconnect any RSL's
~Carry at least one hook knife, 2 preferred. maybe a jack the ripper and a smaller one. the plastic ones suck
~establish a minimum break off altitude for all docking.
~long shirts and pants prefered.
~none of those boot hooks on shoes.
~confirm youre on the same page in case of a wrap. You should both have the same plan for the same emergencies.
what else am i missing? can you guys copy the text and add on so we have one continuous growing list? this way were not searching thru 15 posts trying to put everything together.
Sorry if i seem a little demanding, CRW is something im really interested in, I want to be a prepared as possible
http://kel197.tripod.com/skydivefriendsTRIPOD/

~disconnect any RSL's
~Carry at least one hook knife, 2 preferred. maybe a jack the ripper and a smaller one. the plastic ones suck
~confirm youre on the same page in case of a wrap. You should both have the same plan for the same emergencies.

Turn off yer Cypres.
Wear gloves. :)

~disconnect any RSL's
~wear gloves
~avoid sandles
~Its also good to know what equipment everyone is using. Crew canopies are generally reinforced through the nose. If you are jumping with a regular canopy you should always take grips on the bottom skin to avoid tearing the parachute. A hard dock on the top skin of a regular triatholon for instance can result in a dammaged canopy. [sad]
-Dave
"Gas...Undercarriage...Mixture...Prop...Beer"
B|

~disconnect any RSL's
~Carry at least one hook knife, 2 preferred. maybe a jack the ripper and a smaller one - accessible with either hand - yep, the plastic ones suck
~establish a minimum break off altitude for all docking - and stick to it!!!!

pull high - 8,000 ft is good. 14,000 will tire you out real quick!
mobile phone or phone card for way off landings - you may laugh but..............
get wing loadings right - makes it easier for everyone even if you need weight
use chest mounted altimeter and retractable bridle line if possible
pop-tops can be bad news
don't attempt unplanned CReW (actually the only rule that we have in the UK)
have fun safely (the only rule that I always apply - to all aspects of skydiving)

And you forgot to add "always bring an extra apir of shoes. YES INDEED!! This past weekend, my CReW bud and me were pulling off 'Downplanes', when on our second DP ( Same dive) at break off I ended up with his shoe on my finger!!! Funny, except that the day after my finger's the size of a lemon!!B|
HISPA #37
Do CReW!!! 'Be CRew'd, Blue'd 'n' Lewd!!'